auto trans

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: auto trans  (Read 2680 times)

Offline zorro

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
auto trans
« on: February 02, 2018, 05:34:24 pm »
i have a 2016 auto mustang and sometimes not always when i stop at the lights i feel a slight jolt
,once i actually had to look in my rear vision to see if someone had hit me,but mostly its very slight.
also sometimes when i reverse and then put it inti drive it hesitates slightly to take off,im wondering if this
is normal with modern day transmissions.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
Re: auto trans
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 06:57:20 pm »
I know it shouldn't be but it sounds like it's low on fluid . Check for leaks and take it in to the dealer .

Offline sms777

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 07:58:07 pm »
Deal with it!.....Let's face it. The price you have paid for it reflects the quality. It is the fact like it or not. I should not have to go into detail because I deal with it every day. It can be unpredictable at times or plain painful but as long as it spins the wheels with the traction control turned off you will be fine. I drive a 740 Bimmer with a lot more shophisticated trans and occasionally going into limp mode because they can when they feel like....I just throw it into manual shift and floor it. No more faults codes. Yeeeehaaar!   

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 08:25:27 pm »
I always turn off the trac control off in my S550 . They are a bad thing that's for sure . Unless you drive like a gramps and not like this  :burnout:  still go and get the auto checked

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 08:30:16 pm »
Deal with it!.....Let's face it. The price you have paid for it reflects the quality. It is the fact like it or not. I should not have to go into detail because I deal with it every day. It can be unpredictable at times or plain painful but as long as it spins the wheels with the traction control turned off you will be fine. I drive a 740 Bimmer with a lot more shophisticated trans and occasionally going into limp mode because they can when they feel like....I just throw it into manual shift and floor it. No more faults codes. Yeeeehaaar!   

Posting during Friday night drinks?   :cheers:
Cheers,
Brian

Offline mcarnage59

• Worked
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 65 Convertible Honey Gold
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 09:23:27 pm »

Haha, sms 777 loves to spiff people when her’s been on the sauce. I rang him once when I had a problem, thought I was talking to the pope!! Such a gentleman !!!
Always dreamed I'd have one!

Offline sms777

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 01:20:55 pm »
Damn!......I got to stop spilling my JD on the keyboard... :grin: :grin: