MODS YOU HAVE DONE AND EFFECT ON INSURANCE POLICY AND PREMIUMS

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: MODS YOU HAVE DONE AND EFFECT ON INSURANCE POLICY AND PREMIUMS  (Read 5265 times)

Offline POPS 67

• Worked
Can anyone enlighten me re insurance premiums after modifications have been done to your new Mustangs? When completing the insurance applications one of the questions is "has the vehicle been modified". I wonder what sort of increase they whack on the premium? I want to modify the exhaust but not at the risk of getting whacked, it's already expensive as it is.  :cry:
I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
Re: MODS YOU HAVE DONE AND EFFECT ON INSURANCE POLICY AND PREMIUMS
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 02:59:42 pm »
Mine is heavily modified with a four link, exhaust, supercharger, gear venders overdrive , rack and pinion etc.  I have it insured with Ryno and all modifications are listed, no problems at all.  Just ring them prior to making any modifications and ask them.
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline USA066

• Worked
  • Robbo
  • Name: Colin
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 03:05:28 pm »
From one who has done insurance for over 40yrs, generally, insurers will not charge extra premium for modifications (unless you want to increase the insured value eg. Rims, stereo systems, etc). The question is intended for underwriting purposes to determine the risk, and therefore, for them to decide whether to provide the insurance and if so, on what terms. Providing the exhaust modification is legal, I don't foresee any issue. On my insurance, I have disclosed mods to steering, engine and wheels with no conditions imposed by insurers.
2007 GT Convertible
2008 Bullitt
1966 Coupe

Offline USA066

• Worked
  • Robbo
  • Name: Colin
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 03:08:28 pm »
I am also with Ryno, excellent to deal with.
2007 GT Convertible
2008 Bullitt
1966 Coupe

Offline POPS 67

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 03:40:29 pm »
Thank you all, my insurance is due March 1st so I will contact Ryno before I re insure and alter the exhaust.

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 03:48:56 pm »
I am also with Ryno, excellent to deal with.
:agree:
Cheers,
Brian

Offline Red727

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Tony
I just got a quote from Ryno for $3028 on my GT Vert, Supercharged, coilovers, quad outlet active Roush exhaust, hood scoop and stripes.

Offline POPS 67

• Worked
Strueth that IS pricy, I paid a third of that, admittedly mine is a stock standard 5lt Coupe.

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 09:37:09 am »
I just got a quote from Ryno for $3028 on my GT Vert, Supercharged, coilovers, quad outlet active Roush exhaust, hood scoop and stripes.

Ryno may well not be competitive on new cars, I've only used them for classics.
Cheers,
Brian

Offline peter1950

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
I just renewed my 2016 Mustang fastback V8 with Shannons for approximately $1300 p.a. and they cover all the mods I have done to the car including Roush body kit, cat back exhaust, 20" wheels and a number of other bits and pieces - too many to list. Their advice to me was that they wish to know the modifications, so that if you have an accident it will enable them to repair the car back to the condition prior to the accident. This is especially the case for older Mustangs.
 Thus, as I add a mod, I send them an email and they include the mod on my policy. So far there has been no increase in the premium due to the mods.
Shannons is a supporter of the club with their magazine advertising etc, so I think it would be worth giving them a call and mention you are a member.