Looking for mechanic recommendations in Sunshine Coast QLD

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Looking for mechanic recommendations in Sunshine Coast QLD  (Read 4452 times)

Offline 67 Pony

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Jose
  • Car: 1967 Convertible with 302
Hi All,

Brand new to the Sunshine Coast as well as owning a Mustang. Have just purchased a 67 RHD (sorry to the purists) convertible with a 302.

I'm looking for any recommendations or feedback regarding good mechanics in the Sunshine Coast area, anywhere from Caloundra to Noosa.

I've heard of two mechanics so far, Marjac (REPCO) Automotive in Maroochydore and Previous owner used a chap called Russell from Caloundra. Feedback on either would be appreciated.

Car conked out going up a hill yesterday and wouldn't mind getting it serviced and have someone give it a good going over to see if there are any underlying issues I may have missed.

Thanks.

Offline scedd1

• Worked
  • Name: Steve
  • Car: 68 Coupe - Frankenstang
Re: Looking for mechanic recommendations in Sunshine Coast QLD
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:52:23 am »
Been using Mark Crane at Marjac in Maroochydore for years to look after my Hilux's as they have all been on LPG. Havent taken Frankenstang to him, only because it hasnt needed anything doing to it, but i wouldnt hesitate if needed. He is all over the older stuff as well as modern.
The Brother in Law lives in Caloundra and takes his C6 Corvette, HK Monaro & 42 Jeep to Russell at Total Auto Care.
So the 2 recommendations you have so far are the same 2 i would give, especially for old school cars.
.  ____________
./____________ \.
 ( ]]] _ _ O _ _ [[[ )
\_ o _ _____ _ o _/
 |___|            |___|

Offline russ68

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 02:56:21 pm »
Or try David Garry at the end of Mark Road behind the car dealers in Caloundra Road. He's not back until the 15th. He used to own a 67 Mustang. He's looked after a number of classics including mine.

Offline 67 Pony

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Jose
  • Car: 1967 Convertible with 302
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 09:40:19 pm »
Hi russ68 and scedd1,

I really appreciate the advise and validation. Tough decision ahead for me as they all sound good. Might speak to David Garry first as a former fellow 67 mustang owner it'd be good to get his perspective.
Cheers.

Offline JoeG

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Joe Gehrke
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 03:52:45 am »
Hi 67 Pony,
How did you go with choosing a mechanic? I'm on the Sunshine Coast and have just bought a 65 fastback.
Cheers.

Offline Dizzy

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Car: 1966 Coupe GT
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 07:52:17 am »
I can thoroughly recommend both Marjac in Maroochydore and Russell Clark in Caloundra 0412 646467 - both have worked on my 66. If you would like an intro to a local group of Mustang enthusiasts (Mustang Cruising Sunshine Coast) pm me for contact details. There is a club run this Sunday