Wheel nuts different front to back?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Wheel nuts different front to back?  (Read 4035 times)

Offline gtv6capri

• Pony
  • I'm new here
Wheel nuts different front to back?
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:23:48 pm »
I finally got the dealer to supply and fit my TSW Bathurst Wheels I had ordered new with my car.  Upon (re) delivery the rear wheel nuts stick out an inch compared to the fronts.  Did the Mustang come out standard with 2 different length nuts?

Offline GTA302

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: pete
Re: Wheel nuts different front to back?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 07:31:52 am »
my 17 GT wheel nuts are all same

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 10:12:11 am »
Mine are the same also ( factory nuts and rims ) your not talking wheel studs are you ?

Offline gtv6capri

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 08:39:59 am »
Didn't look to see if it was the studs, I'm used to the nut and stud being in one piece (from VW's and Mins etc).  If thats the case do the rear hubs have longer studs than the front fitted? 

Offline Sean piquet

• Stallion
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 09:37:29 pm »
Didn't look to see if it was the studs, I'm used to the nut and stud being in one piece (from VW's and Mins etc).  If thats the case do the rear hubs have longer studs than the front fitted?

The wheel studs are the same size all around as are the wheels nuts. Take a wheel or 2 off and you will see.  As I assume you have a  staggered TSW wheel set with wider rear wheels the reason the REAR nuts protrude more is due to the design of the wheel.  I have exactly the same on another car with an aftermarket staggered wheel set up.  The studs and nuts are the same front and rear but the nuts on the rear protrude more due to wheel design.

If you look at this Mustang here in the photo link below with the same TSW wheels you can see that the wheel nuts on the front are recessed while the rears tend to protrude.   It's only wheel design that does it.
http://www.autoanything.com/wheels-rims/tsw-bathurst-wheels
https://audiocityusa.com/shop/18-TSW-Wheels-Bathurst-Gloss-Gunmetal-Rotary-Forged-Rims.html
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:43:46 pm by Sean piquet »