OIL change message

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: OIL change message  (Read 4425 times)

Offline Sharkierulz

• Thoroughbred
OIL change message
« on: November 06, 2017, 01:16:15 pm »
So at 3700km I suddenly received a message on the dash that says "Oil Change Required" ..... WTF?

Offline POPS 67

• Worked
Re: OIL change message
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 01:52:42 pm »
Go into settings and reset the oil change button/setting. There have been a few posts on this, it happened to me. I also had to reset the tyre pressure monitor as it said the r/h/f was way too low but when I checked with a hand pressure gauge it was spot on. Reset the tyre pressure monitor and no worries.
I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline BRUMBE

• Stallion
  • 2017 GT convertible
  • Name: Tim
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 09:58:51 pm »
In three months I've done over 7,000 km in my GT.  No issues with oil change light.  In earlier research a was advised by an experienced mechanic that oil change more likely to effect cars doing a lot of stop / start (i.e. city) driving.  Most of my driving is highway and expressway with little city driving.  Are you urban or highway driving predominantly?

Offline Sharkierulz

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 09:56:20 am »
In three months I've done over 7,000 km in my GT.  No issues with oil change light.  In earlier research a was advised by an experienced mechanic that oil change more likely to effect cars doing a lot of stop / start (i.e. city) driving.  Most of my driving is highway and expressway with little city driving.  Are you urban or highway driving predominantly?

It is driven regularly (not quite daily but at least 2-3 times a week as I mix it up with my other car to keep the mileage down) to work (15km each way) in the city. I did check the oil and it is at the right level and still looks very clean.

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 09:57:10 am »
I had the same problem at around 5,000k's and again now at 22,000k's. In my case I am guessing the dealer set it incorrectly twice (they admitted that was the case the first time and I havent spoken to them about it yet this time).

Offline Sharkierulz

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 09:57:31 am »
Go into settings and reset the oil change button/setting. There have been a few posts on this, it happened to me. I also had to reset the tyre pressure monitor as it said the r/h/f was way too low but when I checked with a hand pressure gauge it was spot on. Reset the tyre pressure monitor and no worries.

Will do, thanks, my "quality" Ford dealership mechanic probably forgot to reset it at the 3 months service .....

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 08:51:52 pm »
I've only done 1,500 km and mine has come on twice in that time

Offline 6066

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 06:00:56 pm »
Does it depend on km's and/or time?, as I have only done 1700 km's but has been 10 months and change oil warning is showing.

Offline POPS 67

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 02:40:50 pm »
I think it works on both k's and time.
I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 04:35:16 pm »
I think it works on both k's and time.

Having seen the technology in the Mustang, I have some doubts Ford are capable of that sort of finicky calculus.

Either that, or messed up warning timing IS the result of Ford having a go at it!  :lmao: