shipping

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: shipping  (Read 10753 times)

Offline insideout

• Pony
shipping
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 02:12:35 pm »
My 67 A code convertible is now safely in my garage after an endless battle with Tranzit Express.
TAKE NOTE
Purchase documents, title and import approval all featured the VIN number on the drivers door tag. However the studious NSW Blue Slip inspector discovered  another VIN number on the left hand side inner guard. (where the real one should be?) The RTA refused to register the car until DOTARS changed the Import Approval to the "real"VIN number. Hopefully this will be back in a week or so.
Next came the inspectors failure to find an engine number. Many forums and FO MO CO state that pre 67 Windsor motors did not have engine numbers. A thorough search has failed to find the missing numerals. So off to the RTA for their inspection and I understand that they will give me a number to stamp on and take back for them to check.
Other than these delays the car looks great and hopefully we will be down the road in a week or two.

Offline Yellow66

• Worked
  • Car: 1966 coupe & 1969 Mach 1
shipping
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 07:08:20 pm »
Insideout

I rego'd my 66 GT fastback in NSW last month and can advise that the lack of an engine number is no huge drama.  Whoever does your blue slip will give you a letter to take to NSW Police.  You then make an appointment with the Police.  My local Police Station (Queanbeyan) is pretty big and they obviously do this a bit.  The bloke new about early windsors not have numbers so all i had to do was show him the import papers so he was sure it was a newly imported motor.  He then cleared it and i returned the paperwork to the guy who did the blue slip, who then got an engine number issued by the RTA and stamped the number on the engine.