Small Warranty Issues 2015 GT convertible.

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Small Warranty Issues 2015 GT convertible.  (Read 3161 times)

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
Small Warranty Issues 2015 GT convertible.
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:39:09 am »
So, I started to notice a vapor coming up from under the bonnet (closest to the windscreen) a couple of months ago. This was within the first 5 minutes of driving, whilst sitting at a red light.

At one point I got out of the car, opened the bonnet and couldn't see anything amiss. Nothing felt unusually hot, no melting plastic, no smoke, no flames......and I thought it was steam. Fluid levels normal. Gauges all reading green.....

Called Thompson Ford Parramatta and asked about it.

They said they should have a look, so they picked up the car and diagnosed a small leak from a rocker cover gasket, that was dripping oil into the exhaust pipe....resulting in smoke.

This sounded odd to me as I think I would have smelt burning oil.....and didn't.

Today is the cars third trip into the dealer for this problem, and two other more minor ones - intermittently use of the steering wheel mute button results in the stereo being silenced, and then a few seconds late springs back sound whilst happily flashing 'speaker mute' on the Sync screen. I think hit mute twice more in a row and get the mute locked in again. Mostly thats it, but sometimes it is a bugger of a thing to get to work. First world problem. Ford advised they re-installed the software, but I am still having the problem.

The other thing I have asked them to look at is if there is an issue with the rear IRS settings as my rear PZero's both wore out on the outside.

Just thought maybe the info might be useful to anyone having similar issues.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Re: Small Warranty Issues 2015 GT convertible.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 09:04:25 pm »
Thanks for letting us know.

Offline BRUMBE

• Stallion
  • 2017 GT convertible
  • Name: Tim
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 06:52:41 am »
Have had my GT convertible since mid August - just under 5,000 km on the clock - and had no such problems but note your wheel wear issue.

In my case had dealer fit GT350 steering wheel.  Realised that there was a bias to the left.  Dealer insisted that steering wheel can go on one way so must be wheels. Had wheels checked with both front and one rear out of alignment (steering wheel issue this fixed).  Asked dealer if Ford checked wheel alignment as part of delivery process and told they did not - accepted factory finish and transport would be OK.

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 12:33:24 pm »
Asked dealer if Ford checked wheel alignment as part of delivery process and told they did not - accepted factory finish and transport would be OK.

I was told that as well.