2017 Victorian Mustang Round Up and Shelby Nationals

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2017 Victorian Mustang Round Up and Shelby Nationals  (Read 4768 times)

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
2017 Victorian Mustang Round Up and Shelby Nationals
« on: September 05, 2017, 08:33:41 pm »
The Victorian branch of the Mustang Owners Club of Australia Inc. (M.O.C.A. Vic Inc.) are proud to present the 2017 Mustang Round Up and State Concours incorporating the Shelby Nationals.

We are anticipating approximately over 450 cars on display (weather permitting) ranging from the 1964 ½ model to the current day model. There will also be a display of racing Mustangs, a Shelby vehicle display, trade stands, parts & accessories vendors, cars for sale, food vendors, miniature train rides for kids and more.

There will also be cars entered into 3 Judged classes on the day:
 - Original Driven & Showroom Class Concours for cars that are as they rolled off the factory production line,
 - Modified Driven & Showroom Concours for street machine/restomod type cars.
 - Show'n'Shine class is open either factory standard or modified type vehicles, however these vehicles are judged on how they are presented on the day.

Unfortunately all Judged classes are only open the M.O.C.A Vic. club members as various entry conditions apply. However non club members are more than welcome to come along and place their pony on display on the day.

When: Sunday 22nd October 2017
 Time: Gates open from 10.00 am – 3:00 pm approx.
 Where: 1200 Ferntree Gully Rd Scoresby, Victoria 3179
 Cost: $5.00 for Adults under 16 free, $2.00 for Mustangs
 Phone: 0423 449 125
 Email: mocavicmustangroundup@gmail.com
 Web: http://vic.mustang.org.au/

http://s470.photobucket.com/user/Richy73/media/Mustang%20Roundup%20Poster%202017_zpsw2mtlzir.jpeg.html
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 10:00:47 am by Herman »
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
Re: 2017 Victorian Mustang Round Up and Shelby Nationals
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 10:07:14 am »
Just a friendly reminder for MOCA Vic & Shelby Registrar owners there is only a few more days before entry into the Concours Class section of this year's Mustang Round Up closes.  So get your entries in to ensure you don't miss out.

:event:  :bolt:
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 10:18:50 pm »
I'll be there , hopefully a few others from Gippsland will join us! :burnout: :thumb: :pepper: :evilone: :event:
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 04:03:50 pm »
I'll be there , hopefully a few others from Gippsland will join us! :burnout: :thumb: :pepper: :evilone: :event:

That's good to hear IGALOP hopefully we have a great day at the new venue

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 07:18:17 am »
There's only a couple of weeks left before this Mustang Round Up and we are still accepting Show'n'Shine class judging entries for those MOCA Vic & Shelby Owners. 

Please refer to the below link and scroll down to the Mustang Round Up section for further information.

http://vic.mustang.org.au/coming-events.html

Offline j1autotech

• Worked
  • MOCA VIC member 1828
  • Name: Justin
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 03:49:06 pm »

Don't know if I'll have it clean in time, can you come on over Adam and show me how this cleaning thing is done ???

I'm in Australia this year but not in the state.

J1

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 11:40:44 am »
J1, that's looking pretty good for this time of year.  Are we going to see you anytime soon down here?

Offline 69Fastback

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 08:23:04 pm »
Hi all, request for a bit of assistance re the Roundup on the weekend.

I have a young guy who has come to Australia from the Netherlands and is currently staying in Melbourne.  He is a keen mustang fan, and is a spray painter by trade and has built a classic mustang with his dad.

He would really like to attend the Roundup but he is limited to public transport and apparently it is going to take him ages to get there.  If someone would be willing to give him a lift he is happy to put in for petrol.

If anyone can help out I can give you his mobile number or he is on facebook. 

I hope someone can help him out.  My mobile is 0403 258 894.

Cheers,

Pete

Offline red066

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 09:06:27 pm »
Awesome day and good display of cars
Great venue and I think now I know where we are all going when we finish playing with mustangs  :burnout:

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 09:45:45 pm »
It was a good day even though there was plenty of wet stuff falling from the sky.

What did everyone think?

Offline mcarnage59

• Worked
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 65 Convertible Honey Gold
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 08:06:53 am »
Macka

Location was great.
Organisation was outstanding.
Commentary during the day very good.
The number of Food vendors and market stalls could be an opportunity to improve.
Timing for presentations and raffle (could have been a little earlier given the weather) as a lot of people had already gone.

Overall outstanding event given the conditions of the day. If it had been fine the place would have burst its seams. Congratulations and thank you to the organizing committee.

Cheers Mark
Always dreamed I'd have one!

Offline GEOFF289

• Blue Printed
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 08:28:13 am »
Yep, agree with all Mark's points. Big congrats and thanks to Adam and all the others involved in organisation.

I do think that its almost certain the weather reduced the number of cars that turned up significantly and the venue would have struggled to fit what might otherwise have been the attendance.

The other issue was public parking. Not sure what can be done about this but needs some consideration next time.