Wtd front seat track pieces

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Wtd front seat track pieces  (Read 2046 times)

Offline 65gtfasty

• Worked
Wtd front seat track pieces
« on: August 08, 2017, 12:54:08 am »
Hey people
Im chasing 3 of the nylon guide blocks and 1of the metal "bearings" and also the large spring for the adjustment return.
Dont really want to buy repro crap seat runners.
Thanks
Rhys

Offline mcarnage59

• Worked
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 65 Convertible Honey Gold
Re: Wtd front seat track pieces
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 08:24:24 am »
I just lubed up and repaired both my seats tracks. Biggest problem other than the stiffness was almost all of the mounting studs were cross threaded. They exit the car on a funny angle and I can imagine if you used a power driver to put them back on you would easily cross them. Springs are available online in many locations as were the studs. Reckon silver steel rod would work for the rollers. I haven't seen the nylon guide blocks anywhere. I suppose they could also be machined out of some stock nylon if you have access.

I have 92 flanged nuts nuts if you need a couple. When I got them they only had a pack of 100 :ouch:
Always dreamed I'd have one!

Offline 65gtfasty

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 12:33:26 pm »
It seems quite bizarre that the only 2 wearing parts of the seat tracks arnt being sold individually but you can buy the complete tracks , just a sign of the times i guess but guaging from previous repro parts experience it will require some modification to fit as it should.
I'll stay on the hunt for some surely someone has tracks sitting around after replacing them with repro ones!
Thanks for the offer of the nuts ill keep them in mind !

Offline 65gtfasty

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 04:07:22 pm »
Just so happened there was a 65 seat track on ebay so it should sort the missing pieces out!

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 06:15:18 pm »
Could easy make the roller in a lathe but it you measure it  may be a standard size bit of bar, and you just to cut some up.