Is it a lemon?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Is it a lemon?  (Read 4373 times)

Offline Bigbomber77

• Stallion
  • Embrace the mid life crisis
Is it a lemon?
« on: July 29, 2017, 10:28:33 pm »
My 2015 mustang has been back to the dealership four times due to problems with the climate control and the distance to empty fuel warning. Both issues still not fixed. Currently not a happy camper. First trip disappointed, second trip waste of time, third trip pissed off, fourth trip all fun from ownership gone.
Climate control pumps freezing cold air on the drivers side regardless of the temperature setting. Turn the ac off and the windscreen fogs up within a few minutes so that is not an option.  Very uncomfortable in a daily drive car.
Distance to empty changes from 150km to empty to 20km while stopped at the traffic lights.
Is anybody else having similar issues?

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
Re: Is it a lemon?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 08:14:15 am »
Yes yes yes ,my windows fog up very quickly with my AC off . Hmm I thought I was doing something wrong .  I will have to check out what mine is doing .

Offline pradomad

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 08:35:24 am »
Sad to hear; I'm very happy with mine, appart from the traction control that doesn't do much when I put my foot down.
I have done 23K so far.

PS.
I never went back to the dealer of purchase. Found one in the neighbouring suburb that offers excellent service.

Hope it all works out for you.
JS

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 08:42:20 am »
My traction control doesn't do much either  :shrug: maybe because I always have it turned off  :burnout:  :grin: .

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 09:32:00 am »
Hmm I just went and turned my AC off ,so let's see if that works .  Ps you can't turn the fan down thinking it's going to turn it off , it still blows air , you have to turn the whole system off not just the fan or the AC .
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:46:10 pm by GLENN 70 »

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 12:51:30 pm »
Is anybody else having similar issues?

I am happy to say I have only had a couple of quite minor issues - pony puddle lamp lost definition and front windows started to become very slow to close)and they were fixed within a day or so of phoning the dealer (Thompson Ford at Parramatta).

They sent a guy out to pick up the car, take it back to the dealership, fix it, then bring it back to me later in the day. Brilliant service if you need to be at work during the day.

I don't have a lot of issues with screen getting foggy because I only put the roof up when it is actually raining.

Offline sms777

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 07:59:07 pm »
Hey Jason,
Have you checked the thread on your rear tyres lately? Delivery guys love driving late model Mustangs...... :grin: :grin:

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 08:17:10 pm »
     :omg:  Great Chris,  now everyone knows those guys do  :burnout:  after they pick your mustangs up  :grin:  hmm that would be a great job  :evilone:

Offline David C

• Stallion
  • Just do it!
  • Name: David
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 08:52:22 pm »
No problems, just grinning from ear to ear  :burnout:. My Mustang is awesome, for the price   :pepper:. I do also have German cars, and they are better, but not 3 time better :sick:. I guess you get what you paid for.
You might have a dealership problem more than a lemon.
I am of the opinion Ford was not geared for the influx of work resulting from the strong sales. Yes they have enough staff, but not enough experienced staff to handle the workload.
I've seen some pretty childish mechanics at my dealership, not confidence inspiring at all.
You should write to Ford HQ.
'17 GT (Magnetic)
'72 Mach1 (Red)

Offline noblg

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm new here
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 07:50:48 am »
Dealer problems,
Mate you've got nothing. I took my 2016 for the air con to be fixed. They smashed the front spoiler, took another 2 time shot for them to actually fix it. It has now been 6 weeks, the car is still damaged and ford Australia could not care less. The dealership is Gateway Ford in Wollongong. They are the worst dealers for customer service I have ever had to deal with,don't return phone calls, just disgraceful service

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 09:03:05 am »
Hey Jason,
Have you checked the thread on your rear tyres lately? Delivery guys love driving late model Mustangs...... :grin: :grin:

He he......I was worried the before the first pick up, but happily they seem to send an elder statesman of the department......

Offline mcarnage59

• Worked
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 65 Convertible Honey Gold
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 10:10:09 am »
No problems, just grinning from ear to ear  :burnout:. My Mustang is awesome, for the price   :pepper:. I do also have German cars, and they are better, but not 3 time better :sick:. I guess you get what you paid for.
You might have a dealership problem more than a lemon.
I am of the opinion Ford was not geared for the influx of work resulting from the strong sales. Yes they have enough staff, but not enough experienced staff to handle the workload.
I've seen some pretty childish mechanics at my dealership, not confidence inspiring at all.
You should write to Ford HQ.

I think the first part of this comment is spot on. Its a great looking car and provides a lot of bag for the bucks. But its not a premium build. Having said that some of these minor service issues should be resolved quickly and simply. I don't believe they are overrun with workload based on strong sales. The lack of available product in the market has controlled that. I think it relates more to attitude. They think they have a product that sells itself (which has basically been the case) therefore customer engagement/support has come a distant second.
Always dreamed I'd have one!

Offline SMH00N

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Stephen
  • Car: 70 Sportsroof Grabber pac
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 08:05:48 pm »
Probably Ford all over. I went from a totally trusty BF ute to an FGii simply for the extra airbags, features and power. Worst thing I ever did. Diff clunks, takes less LPG when empty than the old one, radio reception is junk, heater is hot or cold...
Thompson Ford are still trying to get a new diff for it. I've given up now.
Probably the last Ford I buy which is a big call from someone who has driven Ford since I was 15 years old and.
I really thought about buying a Stang instead of the the Falcon but patriotism won out. Wouldn't matter what I bought, still be hassles.