Recommendations for Garage Door Opener button location.

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Recommendations for Garage Door Opener button location.  (Read 3234 times)

Offline gjws

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
Recommendations for Garage Door Opener button location.
« on: July 16, 2017, 01:41:34 pm »
Hi all,

I've had my 2017 GT for around a week now, and I'm hoping to install a button for my garage door remote. I've wired up a 12v to 3.3v converter and added a small push button to the standard PTX5 remote, but I can't decide where to install the button.

I'll need a 12v source, preferably switched with ACC but I'll take constant 12v if that's all I can get. I'd also like the button to be non conspicuous, and a location with minimal panel removal, as removing panels terrifies me!

One location that looks OK is in the side of the centre console, with the button facing the park brake handle, as that's a pretty inconspicuous, yet easy to reach location. Unfortunately I can't find any removal instruction for the 2017.

Has anyone else installed a button for their garage door opener? If so, where, and how did you find the installation?

Thanks!

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Re: Recommendations for Garage Door Opener button location.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 06:15:22 pm »
I just keep my remote opener in the door pocket

Offline Pedro

• Worked
  • Name: Peter
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 07:51:53 pm »
I just keep my remote opener in the door pocket

Me too, along with a toll transponder that I rarely use.

Offline earthwalker

• Stallion
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 10:24:02 pm »
My garage opener sits in the passenger seat but even after 18 years marriage I'm still to work out which buttons I need to push :bolt:

Offline scedd1

• Worked
  • Name: Steve
  • Car: 68 Coupe - Frankenstang
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 05:30:01 am »
My garage opener sits in the passenger seat but even after 18 years marriage I'm still to work out which buttons I need to push :bolt:

Try disagreeing with it. That works for me.
.  ____________
./____________ \.
 ( ]]] _ _ O _ _ [[[ )
\_ o _ _____ _ o _/
 |___|            |___|

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 06:33:04 am »

Most of the are set to random programming so you can never guess what the signal needs to be.

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 04:20:37 pm »
Guys,

Last month, my suburb had some low lifes break into cars parked in the street and driveways, they smashed windows to gain access to cars, they were seeking out garage remotes, as apparently its common that people leave them in there cars and not on there key rings, once they found the remotes, they opened the garage doors and gained access to the homes, whilst the home owners and kids slept, pinching laptops, phones, car keys, jewelry and money.

All up six homes were entered on a Tuesday night, the scum bags then came back and tried to do another three streets in my suburb, fortunately we have 3 coppers that live in the surrounding streets, one being my next door neighbor, they caught three of them, the other two got away.

So, I would not be leaving your garage remotes in your cars, my copper neighbor said this is becoming the new house breaking method of choice.