Compliance... 67 Mustang

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Compliance... 67 Mustang  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Event Mustangs

• Pony
Compliance... 67 Mustang
« on: March 20, 2008, 11:33:52 am »
Hi everyone... I'm about to become the proud new owner of a 1967 Mustang, it's currently atop the Pacific but should be here mid-May. I know there will be some compliance issues and that these vary a little from state to state...

I was hoping someone might be able to list the compliance work I'll need to have done before being able to register the car in W.A.

Cheers for your help!

Grant.

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
Compliance... 67 Mustang
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 11:42:41 am »
G'day, Grant! Welcome to the herd. The best thing you could do, initially, is to contact your local   Motor registration office,(preferably the one you'll use for your rego), and they will have all the requirements on a printout. This will give you a starting point to gather parts or info needed. It is a similar process I had to go through bringing my '68 up from Vic to NSW. Had to go through the whole process, and it varies from state to state.
Hope this is helpful,
Cheers, Ron B

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Compliance... 67 Mustang
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 12:44:36 pm »
Grant, its not too bad here. Do all the usual things like fix any oil leaks and any other road worthy bits.  You will need to replace the headlights so they dip the right way, just pick up a couple of sealed beams from supercheap or the like.
With the indicators you may be better off asking where you are taking the car, because I have seen yellow, white and the factory indicators in use so its anyones guess.
Have i missed anything folks?
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Event Mustangs

• Pony
Compliance... 67 Mustang
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 08:58:20 pm »
Awesome guys, thanks for the info... spent a couple of hours drooling over the collection up at Joondalup today... mighty impressive!
Another month and I'll have my first Mustang! Looks like Ill be trucking it from Melbourne, I was just going to call TNT unless anyone has some better suggestions?

Thanks again guys...

Grant

Offline fatso1

• Worked
Compliance... 67 Mustang
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 09:25:43 pm »
You will have to replace seatbelts front and rear  also i had to get rear child restraints fitted for QLD.

Clint