Oil Cooler Failures ?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Oil Cooler Failures ?  (Read 4686 times)

Offline davidald

• Pony
  • I'm new here
Oil Cooler Failures ?
« on: May 22, 2017, 01:48:01 pm »
Has anyone heard further info regarding the oil coolers failing on the GT Mustang built up to Jun 2016? I am referring to the stock engine oil cooler usually located above the filter but relocated for right hand drive vehicles.

Offline davidald

• Pony
  • I'm new here
Re: Oil Cooler Failures ?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 06:35:51 pm »
No news is good news.

Offline Sharkierulz

• Thoroughbred

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:53:29 am »
Hi All,

I just spoke to Ford this morning about this issue, they advised they have issued dealers with a technical service bullitien, they also said if you have concerns to take the car to a Ford service centre to have it inspected, that they have NO REPORTS OF FAILURES IN AUSTRALIA, however have dealers monitoring the situation, if they experience reported issues, only then will they issue a recal and rectification. So if yu have had or experience either an engine failure or oil leak, be sure to get it reported and get a case / call reference number.

They also provided me with a call reference number to cover myself in case anything happens to the car, so I can refer back to the call,...interesting in itself.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 09:15:25 am »
That's strange as I have herd of a few here in QLD . One guy has just put up a pic of his 6 mth old GT with quite a large oil leak and I advised him to get it back to his dealer asap . Because it's a known problem  just like the air conditioners , warranty on these problems is extended after the cars warranty is finished .

Offline Sharkierulz

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 11:24:41 pm »
Perhaps Ford needs to read Motor magazine.... 4 Mustangs had their oil coolers fail during a recent hot tuner shootout. Well documented problem in Australia ..... absolute rubbish this claim of theirs that there is no known failures in Australia

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 08:54:25 am »
Just an update on my post . The oil leak was from the oil filter ,he had the car serviced at a ford dealer and they did the filter up to tight . He said the filter was damaged and it was another dealer that found the problem ,so not an oil cooler problem .