Ex-tow truck.

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Ex-tow truck.  (Read 9859 times)

Offline whiplash

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« on: March 17, 2008, 04:51:42 pm »
this thread is for posting of random stuff !!!!!
Mustang related or not !!!!   ;w

Offline DV8

• Thoroughbred
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:48:59 am »
If it takes a pound of tripe to knit a waistcoat for an elephant, how long would it take firemen(wearing gumboots) to walk thru' a tin of baked beans?;w

Is that what you meant by random?

Mike.

Offline whiplash

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 11:22:13 am »
:w:w:w:w   RESPECT !!!!!! THAT WAS HELL RANDOM U WIN A PRIZE !!!!:w:w:w:w

Offline DV8

• Thoroughbred
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:26:21 pm »
Can't claim honours for originality, it dates back 30 yrs since I heard it. There is an answer to the question, but it's partly visual.
Answer - (holding hands apart, as if indicating size of fish) A banana this colour!:a:a:a:a:a:a:a:a:a:a:a:a:a:a:a:a:a

Offline whiplash

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 12:33:47 pm »
IF A MUSTANG IS DOING A BURNOUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AND THERES NO ONE AROUND DOES IT MAKE A SOUND :o

Offline DV8

• Thoroughbred
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 04:20:33 pm »
What if the man driving speaks and his wife isn't there, is he still wrong??:*

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 05:09:22 pm »
You're allowed to speak to yourself, and you're allowed to answer yourself......You're just in deep SHlT if you disagree with the answers

Offline SigENeaT

• Stallion
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 11:56:13 am »
Whats with all the new threads? Dont you have enough work to do? ;)

Offline whiplash

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 05:43:05 pm »
one one was a race horse two two was one two one one one one race and two two one one two;)

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 07:51:24 pm »
1+1= window

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 08:50:09 pm »
181 meteric 69er
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 12:06:19 am »
Yesterday the dog had a crack at the postie.

Probably didn't appreciate him being on the footpath with his little putt putt bike.

Or perhaps she sensed he was dropping off a sh*t load of bills. ;}

Offline Brock

• Pony
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 09:21:52 pm »
It was friday today??!!;w
VC Brock

Offline ortovosh

• Thoroughbred
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 10:00:14 pm »
my engine is gettng the block machined....
;2

Offline Audrey

• Stallion
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 10:24:49 am »
yesterday a lady i work with was writing her scooter to work and a pelican sent her a present that landed on her helmet!
... and her jacket... and her pants!!

Offline SigENeaT

• Stallion
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 11:07:30 am »
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=UqWCJmeD3XA
If anyone missed it on Today Tonight.

I know one member on here who has lost his car due to too much public enjoyment... ;)

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 11:08:19 pm »
I dont agree with this dop in a hoon bit.

I mean all someone has to do is make a stat-dec and bang you can lose ur car.

I mean what happens if you have someone who hates you and goes out of their way to make trouble for you.

What we need is a computer system that can record engine stats wheel speed etc to use as evidence if we get busted.

Offline SigENeaT

• Stallion
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 08:44:35 am »
A lot of the problems the police/community face with real 'ragamuffins' on the road stem from a lack of proper outlets for these people to enjoy their cars.

I recall a couple of drift tracks being shut down because it only "encourages the dangerous driving" ?
To get your car in at the 'plex for a 1/4mile run it costs $35 - $50 (depending on event) and you are lucky to get more than 8 runs in total for the night (if its a good night).
Technical driving courses (ie, like what you can do at the AHG driving centre) cost upwards of $60 a head.

I'm sure you are all aware of even more than what i listed.

If these sorts of venues and other outlets for boy racer-ism were made more accessible money wise you would see less of it on the road.

I dont mean to be pointing the finger at the government or anyone else for not having these sorts of places more readily available because between building, marketing, maintianing and paying for insurance it's a wonder we have at least a race track and a static 1/4mile stretch.

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 10:00:55 am »
Street racing is a problem in the Hunter Valley/ Newcastle area, too. Officialdom say these people should use WSID for their outlet, but it's a 2.5 hour drive each way, plus the cost of competing. The Main adversaries to a proper facility (and it has been proposed several times by private business type folks over the last 10 years or more) are Council and Police. I can't fathom the reasoning behind the official attitude, as it takes the problem off the streets and puts it in a safer, more controlled environment. Also I thought Vigilante Law was illegal in Australia. If this is the case, then ergo the evidence gained was gained illegally and therefore inadmissable in a court of law. Any Legal Bods out there who can verify this suspicion?
Cheers, Ron B

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 12:21:25 pm »
I envy the US boys because I watch alot of drag racing on U-tube. I pay alot attention to the dragstrips they use. Alot of the strips seem to have just the basic tracks, no frills or over-expendature. They have so many more strips per head of population. I know there are legalities with insurance and liabilities. Surely there are 'use at own risk' options the racers could sign. Perhaps we should find what  legal system they use in the US because if there is any country that is bottled up with legalities and liabilities, its the US. Yet they still seem to have many working, simple race tracks.  Here in WA we have  one dragstrip for the entire state!!! And a quality track it is but more simple tracks dotted over the state would help the racers habits!

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 07:42:20 pm »
Originally posted by 6T9rustang
I envy the US boys because I watch alot of drag racing on U-tube. I pay alot attention to the dragstrips they use. Alot of the strips seem to have just the basic tracks, no frills or over-expendature. They have so many more strips per head of population. I know there are legalities with insurance and liabilities. Surely there are 'use at own risk' options the racers could sign. Perhaps we should find what  legal system they use in the US because if there is any country that is bottled up with legalities and liabilities, its the US. Yet they still seem to have many working, simple race tracks.  Here in WA we have  one dragstrip for the entire state!!! And a quality track it is but more simple tracks dotted over the state would help the racers habits!  

Hmm not sure about the last coment, as I have attended meets at other venues including the north west (it was some time ago though), but must agree with the sentiment more cheap venues. It keeps people like me off the street and saves my drive way :+.
cheers
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 08:11:38 pm »
Originally posted by nassi

Hmm not sure about the last coment, as I have attended meets at other venues including the north west (it was some time ago though), but must agree with the sentiment more cheap venues. It keeps people like me off the street and saves my drive way :+.
cheers

Was that the Newman drags? Isn't it an airstrip converted for special drag meets? Or is it always set up for dragracing? Haven't been myself but have been told about it.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 09:58:15 pm »

cheers

Was that the Newman drags? Isn't it an airstrip converted for special drag meets? Or is it always set up for dragracing? Haven't been myself but have been told about it.

Your right, it was Newman and set up for the event. Another is Collie that is more permanent.
Just indicating what comunities can organise if they see a need.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline SigENeaT

• Stallion
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 08:47:25 am »
I think the main issue with drag strips in particular (and its probably something holding back other racing events) is the noise that comes with it.

Try and find an accessible area (in Perth at least) which doesn't have ten bajillion houses within 1km drive.

They were going to build an international F1 standard race track in Midland... of course that idea was scrapped.
Imagine the events you could have on that track that are so hard to do at Barbagallo.

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
Ex-tow truck.
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 09:42:59 am »

cheers

Your right, it was Newman and set up for the event. Another is Collie that is more permanent.
Just indicating what comunities can organise if they see a need.  

I remember years ago there was a drag meet on a farm in Dowerin. The track was marked out on a really, shiny-hard clay pan, in a paddock.The Farmer had done alot of prep work, apparently. The boys still talk about it. A mate took his hq 2door Monaro up there and whipped a few of the Northam boys. Northam/Toodyay rivalry was thick back then. Anyway it was hell fun and good we sorted out who's cars did what safely and legally. Unfortunately my holden friend still gloats about beating all the fords that day.:_