Order lost?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Order lost?  (Read 2514 times)

Offline andy65

• Stallion
Order lost?
« on: April 04, 2017, 06:55:09 pm »
Hi guys ordered my gt in november and sat back to wait out my time..having heard nothing by feb i gave em a call and was informed that it looks like its going to be built in may! But he seemed a bit vague.. anway roll on to this sat. . We were cruising past the dealership and we thought we would drop in and have a look at the cars and ask about our build date.. the salesman spent a while rechecking my details on the computer with a worried look on his face and ended up telling me he will sort it out and give me a call monday.. monday comes and i get the'so sorry we have lost your order.. do you want us to reorder for you?'
Is this a common thing?

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Re: Order lost?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:01:32 pm »
A mate of mine had the same issue with his order lost. They did not know where his car was. He spoke with the Manager of the dealership and made it clear he was not happy as no one could give him a straight answer. They ended up giving him a choice between a couple of others which were on their way and he chose one of them (the dealership had access across the State so were able to get hold of cancelled order cars). I assume you have the paperwork for your order. Don't settle for a reorder and have to wait. See if you can negotiate for them to find you another one that suits you.

Offline andy65

• Stallion
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 08:28:05 pm »
I ended up cancelling with them and going with another dealer who had the colour and model i wanted already on order and days from being made.. and cheaper.. i got my deposit back no worries

Offline Mattryan

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Matt ryan
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 11:20:08 am »
The mustangs are much more common now. I know I ordered my over a year ago and only picking it up next week but have seen people who have ordered them 5 months ago already take ownership of theirs. Every time I went in to ask some questions the dealer would try and sell me a cancelled order one but not the colour I wanted. the power is now shifting towards the buyer to price and availability. I would had cancelled mine or asked for 5k off if they had lost my order.