Just ordered my first ever Mustang! Will the 2017 have a spare tyre?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Just ordered my first ever Mustang! Will the 2017 have a spare tyre?  (Read 5174 times)

Offline gjws

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
Hi everyone,

I'm so excited, I just put a deposit down on my first ever Mustang! I'll be getting a 2017 GT V8, in Oxford White, and they tell me is should be built in March and arrive some time in May.

I've done some searching of the forum and seen mention that the 2017 GT builds may be coming with a spare tyre, is that confirmed to be the case? I must admit I was surprised when the dealer told me only the ecoboost came with a spare, he claimed the ecoboost spare would not fit due to the calipers on the GT, is that correct? If the 2017 won't include a spare, is there something I can purchase locally? I do a lot of long distance driving for work and would feel much more comfortable with a spare.

Anyway, the next 6 months are going to drag on sooooooooo long, but still, a nice problem to have :)

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Re: Just ordered my first ever Mustang! Will the 2017 have a spare tyre?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 04:01:18 pm »
I have not heard that the 2017 will have a spare tyre. I doubt it at this stage. Tempe Tyres make a spare that fits pretty well into the spare wheel cavity. There is a thread on another forum that tells you all about it.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65225

Offline gjws

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 04:09:40 pm »
I have not heard that the 2017 will have a spare tyre. I doubt it at this stage. Tempe Tyres make a spare that fits pretty well into the spare wheel cavity. There is a thread on another forum that tells you all about it.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65225

Thanks very much mwizz, I'll have a read.

Offline Fmgt50

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
Hey I've got a MY17
Built sept 16
No spare for GT just compressor

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
Congrats. Grabber Blue - nice

Offline BRUMBE

• Stallion
  • 2017 GT convertible
  • Name: Tim
Clancy motors in Bathurst has developed a spare tyre kit for the GT.  They have sourced a Simmons (I think) wheel that will fit both front (over Brembos) and back along with a packaged jack kit from the US.  Wheel apparently sits about 2-3 cms above the boot floor. Not sure what the tyre is.  At $800 I see this as a good option over the goo supplied with the GT or being hauled onto a tow truck because of a flat.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 05:50:01 pm »
Sounds like the Simmons wheel and tyre that Tempe Tyres have developed with Simmons. You can buy direct from them delivered for about $550. A Falcon FG jack kit from the wreckers will set you back about $40 - $80.