5 (20.8%)
North West Blacktown
2 (8.3%)
Sydney North Manly
2 (8.3%)
Sutherland Area  
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Any one interested in setting up a regular mustang meet up  (Read 18646 times)

Offline Paul Clark

• Thoroughbred
Re: Any one interested in setting up a regular mustang meet up
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2016, 10:17:54 am »
Hi All,
         As an events co-ordinator from years gone by, a little bit of info for you Hak. The Mustang Owner's Club is a family orientated club. Therefore short runs, then standing around talking are not especially well received.  Get the cars out, get the family in them and go for a decent drive, provide a BBQ or a good eating place half way through the run then a good drive home and you'll find the attendance will thrive. Not every weekend of course but at least once a month. Figures show that good runs are far more acceptable to the average member with a family. There are plenty of car shows during the year where one can drive to the venue, sit around talking for the day and then drive home. These cars are meant to be driven, families love getting together, give it a shot Hak, I guarantee you won't regret it.

Offline aussie trev

• Worked
  • you must have toys
  • Name: trevor
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2016, 10:39:04 am »
nicely said :agree:

Offline Hak

• Worked
  • FORD
  • Name: Hakan
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2016, 10:56:24 am »
Not that easy really. Hak has asked, "Anyone interested in setting up a regular Mustang meet up?", so the poll should really be only for those who are serious in attending each month if you want this to be successful.

There's no point saying the largest concentration resides in Woop Woop when nobody from Woop Woop actually wants to attend a monthly meet.

s

Nail squarely on the head spot on
71 Mach 1 Mustang PWETER 351 4V CLEVELAND NUMBER MATCHING
FGX XR8 SPRINT FOR SALE
FGX XR6 SPRINT FOR SALE

Offline Hak

• Worked
  • FORD
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2016, 11:04:31 am »
Yes an unofficial meet up once a month is perfect.
Just a suggestion from myself.
How about Torque Bar n Grill. Open for brekky lunch and dinner. Ample parking for 50 odd cars and easy to get to for Sydney siders.

Para Rd Strathfield right that the best suggestion so far this on 3rd Saturday Night of the Month are they likely to say you've had your feed now piss off though? 
FGX XR8 SPRINT FOR SALE
FGX XR6 SPRINT FOR SALE

Offline Hak

• Worked
  • FORD
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2016, 11:07:52 am »
I'm interested for later in the new year. Right now I'm working part time and booked every weekend till NYE working late nights.

s

the third Saturday is a week out from Xmas good luck with that, the fist meet up will be Saturday Jan 21 lets at least lock that in I prefer night as people have kids sports and work on Saturdays
FGX XR8 SPRINT FOR SALE
FGX XR6 SPRINT FOR SALE

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2016, 11:41:18 am »
are they likely to say you've had your feed now piss off though?

You'd have to ask them, I'm sure I've seen classics there as well as bike meets being next door to Fraser's. I see it as good business, a lot full of Mustangs is likely to attract people to check them out and buy something while they're there.

s

Offline Hak

• Worked
  • FORD
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2016, 11:51:02 am »
Hi All,
         As an events co-ordinator from years gone by, a little bit of info for you Hak. The Mustang Owner's Club is a family orientated club. Therefore short runs, then standing around talking are not especially well received.  Get the cars out, get the family in them and go for a decent drive, provide a BBQ or a good eating place half way through the run then a good drive home and you'll find the attendance will thrive. Not every weekend of course but at least once a month. Figures show that good runs are far more acceptable to the average member with a family. There are plenty of car shows during the year where one can drive to the venue, sit around talking for the day and then drive home. These cars are meant to be driven, families love getting together, give it a shot Hak, I guarantee you won't regret it.

Hi Parion

Yes new to the Events Coordinator position mate, and agree with your above piece. Most members from my interaction actually dislike car shows, but rather cruses, I know it’s a family orientated club and I would like to it see more family orientated.

The BBQ breakfast cruses such as big Al’s is a massive hit amongst our members, Al’s does one every year from what I understand, his looking at doing two who else is doing one?

Again as mentioned before the committee members are volunteers and require assistance from new and old members and previous committee members. Let me just say this, because some has done a stint on the job it doesn’t mean they should no longer assist the club, yes we need champions, the club becomes greater by people representing it, and also assisting it. 

In regards to this discussion, let me start by saying this, 1 the mentioned is a get together by like minded people 2 It’s not club affiliated but having said that I would expect that all on this forum are a club member but in reality they may not be. 3 My last point is this should we make it happen It’s an alternative to other non mustang get togethers, such as camaro Firebird Owners Club Mystery Cruise, Grange Classic Garage @ Smeaton Grange, Romans Rod Club, Hungry Jacks Sylvania, Sunday Cars and Doughnuts Krispy Kreme`s at Penrith Panthers or Machines & Macchiatos its An alternative to Harrys and Liverpool where you have 18 year olds in Honda's but leaving room for all of these

FGX XR8 SPRINT FOR SALE
FGX XR6 SPRINT FOR SALE

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2016, 12:03:31 pm »
Most members from my interaction actually dislike car shows, but rather cruises

I have to agree with this, I've been to a couple of shows and they expect you to stick it out the whole day, usually with no adequate cover from the sun, not much seating and it gets old real quick; walking and standing around 5 hours or so on a hot day.

Coffee meets and cruises are where it's at for me.

s

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
  • Name: John
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2016, 01:01:36 pm »
the third Saturday is a week out from Xmas good luck with that, the fist meet up will be Saturday Jan 21 lets at least lock that in I prefer night as people have kids sports and work on Saturdays

FYI Hak, on the 3rd Saturday night the NSW Streeter's have their meet up at Greenacre Bowling Club. They used to meet at Torque Bar n Grill. It got too busy. Too manh cars.
Also I've heard theirs new management at Torque.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2016, 01:25:21 pm »
the 3rd Saturday night the NSW Streeter's have their meet up at Greenacre Bowling Club

Is anyone allowed to turn up to this?

s

Offline fordtj69

• Worked
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2016, 01:36:40 pm »
Norm, you hit the nail on the head.

1 Bobbin Head Bar BQ perhaps? Somewhere else along the Hawkesbury if that is too cramped.

2 Shoot up to Wiseman's Ferry (more room) - has the highway run covered; country run; ease of access for north n south and enough room for all. 

3 Lane Cove National Park might also work well.

Do I hear Convoy playin' in the background?  Let's get this show on the road and let them Mustangs roar 10 4
hey Phil and Norm my group of friends will run with you guys anywhere just let as know  :burnout: cheers tim
I will travel far for a car up and over the hill's to Clancy's at the bottom of the big mountain
member of the big dog car club

BDCC

Offline Hak

• Worked
  • FORD
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2016, 01:39:13 pm »
I have to agree with this, I've been to a couple of shows and they expect you to stick it out the whole day, usually with no adequate cover from the sun, not much seating and it gets old real quick; walking and standing around 5 hours or so on a hot day.

Coffee meets and cruises are where it's at for me.

s

Hay we couldn't get the numbers for Motor World which shocked me, but agree to an extent with car shows. many may not know we do have a MOCA trailer that has BBQ Umbrellas and the like, but again know one volunteers to set it up and cook a BBQ place drink in a esky and have some MOCA fun

but a discussion for another day

lets get back to what we originally posted

FGX XR8 SPRINT FOR SALE
FGX XR6 SPRINT FOR SALE

Offline Hak

• Worked
  • FORD
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2016, 02:20:01 pm »
hey Phil and Norm my group of friends will run with you guys anywhere just let as know  :burnout: cheers tim

My god it sounds like legends of the Nights of the round table going to battle, Game of thrones or Shit  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

But seriously

All I need is this

1. Plan
2. A meet up point 
3. Arrival and departure time

Ill print of Run sheets I promote in the magazine and meeting

All you have to do is lead the pack on the day

simples

FGX XR8 SPRINT FOR SALE
FGX XR6 SPRINT FOR SALE

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2016, 02:23:56 pm »
Is anyone allowed to turn up to this?

s

Sure are.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2016, 02:28:36 pm »
the 3rd Saturday night the NSW Streeter's have their meet up at Greenacre Bowling Club

I can't find anything online about it.

s

Offline Hak

• Worked
  • FORD
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2016, 02:41:52 pm »
FYI Hak, on the 3rd Saturday night the NSW Streeter's have their meet up at Greenacre Bowling Club. They used to meet at Torque Bar n Grill. It got too busy. Too manh cars.
Also I've heard theirs new management at Torque.

Your missing the point its NSW streeters not Mustangs are us
FGX XR8 SPRINT FOR SALE
FGX XR6 SPRINT FOR SALE

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2016, 02:42:54 pm »
I can't find anything online about it.

s

Probably on their Facebook page. Which im not on. Lol.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2016, 03:26:05 pm »
You're missing the point its NSW streeters not Mustangs are us

His point was it clashes being on the 3rd Saturday; that's if you plan on doing a Saturday night event; but it's an event I can't find any info about so probably not as if the Mustang event will suffer due to everyone going to their event.

s

Offline Hak

• Worked
  • FORD
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2016, 03:39:46 pm »
I doubt it, its a small car club, mixed with all types, from my why

I predominantly don't want to clash with the non MOCA events we advertise. reason being these tie back to a MOCA members one way or another. For example the Camero meet up I believe is a bunch of friends of Patricks a very good MOCA member. the gent who runs Machines & Macchiatos I believe is a MOCA member him self   

FGX XR8 SPRINT FOR SALE
FGX XR6 SPRINT FOR SALE

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2016, 05:26:05 pm »
The Central Coast / Newcastle Chapter of MOCA have a Sunday Cruise  and Brunch every January to start the year off. As with all our events Sydney members are welcome and some even join us on our weekends away. We've had 2 of them this past year,
Stormin

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2016, 05:52:22 pm »
Just to finish my post. We all take our own food as required, talking whilst cooking. And take our own chairs ,tables and generally in a park with swings etc for kids and grandkids that may come along . A lot of parks on the Coast have free gas BBQs and that''s where we go. A lot are by the water as well which gives a pleasant outlook.
Stormin

Offline 71M1

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Hak
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2016, 07:41:35 am »
Any way I will leave it at that point. If you Sydney siders want to consider a casual
Meet up on a Saturday or Sunday on certain day of the month the idea has been floated. There is no point throwing  discussion with members of our Newcastle chapter unless there driving down to Sydney on the third Saturday night of the month each month of year as this discussion was never about events although happy to discuss ideas on this on a different post.

Again let me know if your interested in a regular meet up if your happy tagging on to other car clubs not a worry

Regards
Hak