"The Segerstrom Collection" Largest Shelby collection you've never heard of..

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: "The Segerstrom Collection" Largest Shelby collection you've never heard of..  (Read 6831 times)

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
That is superb!

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
Excellent, thanks for sharing

Offline moffatgeoff

• Pony
  • 68 Coupe owner
Considering a Shelby Cobra just sold in the USA for 13 million the mind boggles at what this collection would be worth

Offline Fitzy1980

• Blue Printed
  • I'm new here
Considering they also own all 5 yellow GT500 KR Convertibles, the collection value would be eye watering..

http://petrolicious.com/a-4-speed-shelby-gt500kr-convertible-is-a-very-rare-thing

Offline staddy

• Worked
  • 1969 GT350H

Thanks Fitzy , that was an eye opener ,  :omg:
1969 GT350H

Offline mert

• Supercharged
all 5 yellow GT500 KR Convertibles,

There were actually 42.  The 5 is based on yellow with a four speed and AC...

http://www.thecoralsnake.com/WT6066.HTML
8R01S, 8R03S, 8R01C-Cal Special, 8F01X - EXP500 Repli-bute

Offline littlejohn

• Worked
Mother of God  :thud:

Offline gbader

• Worked
  • SAAC Member
  • Name: Greg
  • Car: 65/66/16
well, makes our mancaves look pretty average :)

Be well worth the trip if he opens it up to the public

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
Awesome read, and the guys’ got a moral backbone helping provide free hospital care for kids.  They should make him a saint !!

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
Awesome read, and the guys’ got a moral backbone helping provide free hospital care for kids.  They should make him a saint !!

ummm...he was an alcoholic that inherited everything he has . It's incredibly easy to "appear" to be "saintly" by giving money away when you have a billion dollars....plus he gets to write if off his taxes.  :thumb:

"My young daughter died in ’93.... "

That's because the retard let her ride on their 8 ton bean thresher that he was pulling with their vintage tractor and she fell off and he ran her over. It happened around 2 miles from where I lived and I drove by the field where it happened around once a week.

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-01-22/local/me-14137_1_wrongful-death
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:03:44 am by barnett468 »

Offline j1autotech

• Worked
  • MOCA VIC member 1828
  • Name: Justin
WARNING

ANOTHER USELESS POST BY

barnett468

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
WARNING

ANOTHER USELESS POST BY

barnett468

:lmao:

Yeah, you can join the "Make the guy a Saint" club also . Bet you might have a different opinion if it was YOUR kid the guy ran over....or maybe you wouldn't.  :lmao:

Since you are from England, my guess is that you are part of the douchebag Mustang forum they have over there also.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:16:05 am by barnett468 »

Offline Fitzy1980

• Blue Printed
  • I'm new here
Must be some dollars in lima beans...  :lmao:

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
Must be some dollars in lima beans...  :lmao:

lol, well there was enough money in them to buy what was cheap land at the time which they then sold off 70 years later for a massive profit . in fact the land the south coast plaza is sitting on was bought from the segerstroms for a few zillion dollars.

i just find it hilarious how some people seem to idolize others and call them "Saints" when they know absolutely nothing about them.  :lmao:

ted segerstrom is just another rich spoiled entitled person that didn't have to work for the zillions of dollars has plus he DIRECTLY caused the death of his own child, but that's ok because he donates money to the shriners.  :lmao:

he has a zillion dollars and way more cars than anyone needs and is living the life of luxury but his child will never see any of that because she is dead and he killed her when he ran her head over with the wheels of a 16,000 lb farming machine...that's xlnt.  :thumb:.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 02:04:27 pm by barnett468 »

Offline mert

• Supercharged
its not useless... its just typically irrelevant, callous, and random!

Remember, Barnett knows EVERYTHING, and no one else knows squat (especially me... just ask him!  :lol:  :cheers:) ... Anything he says is gospel, and he even knows how to be saintly better than that "#Hey Zeus" guy... so is the type to throw stones... or was it supposed to be the other way around?  :thud:

He's a rich guy with a lot of cars, whoop-de-doo.... there are many.  It is a very nice collection.  End of story.
8R01S, 8R03S, 8R01C-Cal Special, 8F01X - EXP500 Repli-bute

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
its not useless... its just typically irrelevant, callous, and random!

Remember, Barnett knows EVERYTHING, and no one else knows squat (especially me... just ask him!  :lol:  :cheers:) ... Anything he says is gospel, and he even knows how to be saintly better than that "#Hey Zeus" guy... so is the type to throw stones... or was it supposed to be the other way around?  :thud:

He's a rich guy with a lot of cars, whoop-de-doo.... there are many.  It is a very nice collection.  End of story.

ummm...I wasn't the one saying they should make him a Saint just because he gives away a little of the money away that he inherited oh great illiterate one . I have lived in orange county for 56 years and I know all about the Segrstroms and the Irvines and William Lyons and many of the of the other bazillionaires in the area, and in FACT, I built a multi million dollar spec house that I designed right next door to Lyons and my next door neighbors daughter took care of Lyons horses, AND we worked on his real 427 Cobra, and since you didn't live here, you don't know squat about any of these people other than what you might have had someone read to you from a newspaper etc, therefore anything you say about any of these people is irrelevant just like you are.

:lmao:

Anything he says is gospel...

Pretty much.  :lmao:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 05:25:23 pm by barnett468 »

Offline jimyd

• Thoroughbred
If I had the means , I would do the same! Great collection

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
Well, to be fair, my reply was based purely only on the contents of the article and I liked what I read.   

There was no mention of the chap’s alcoholism in the article irrespective of his inheritance.  Lucky fellow, he had a choice to keep it or spend it on worthwhile pursuits like providing free hospital care for disadvantaged kids, so I’m full of praise for his endeavours, regardless of how he got his wealth. 

And I loved the thrust of the article’s message being the chap’s love of Shelby’s and having the means to set up a mega collection that is planned for a great museum complex to share it with us.  I will go there for sure when it opens and will be happy to give him some of my hard earned.  Beyond that, I had no information and indeed, I have no interest in some of the circumstances you brought up that were not part of the article’s message.  I admire the guy from what I read and am in awe of his achievements.   Whatever happened in this person’s life, seems like he’s in a good place now and giving back to the community, good on him for making that choice. 

Many of us have baggage mate, including me and while I’m sorry to hear about your personal circumstances, I won’t bring up my past up and bag good people here beyond what’s in an amazing article.  The chap may not be quite God, but I’ll accept his lowly saint status instead.

Offline Fitzy1980

• Blue Printed
  • I'm new here
I have lived in orange county for 56 years

So when will i see you on  " The Real Housewives of the OC" ???

:lmao: :lmao:

cam

cam
Re: "The Segerstrom Collection" Largest Shelby collection you've never heard of..
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 08:37:03 am »
This thread has been bought to my attention by Peter P who has received private messages off of some people complaining about some content.
I'm not as forgiving as Peter P  :lol: so heads up people.  :toetapping: (FYI Peter is on leave at the moment.)

A few points of order:

1) If you have a problem with some  content on the forum DON'T private message the Admins please.  There is a "Report to moderator" link in each and every post.  Please us that.  It allows us to be able to go directly to the post in question.  We don't have time to trawl through each and every post to find the one you speak of when you private message us. Abuse of this button because you have a personal issue with someone on the forum will result in suspension of your account

2) Continued off topic comments will be removed.  If continued off topic comments are made my an individual their account will be suspended.

3) Drop the personal slandering of other members of the forum.  If you got a personal issue with someone take it up with them in the background not here in the open arena.  Continued attacks by one person to another will result in account suspension.

The above applies to all and is not directed at any one individual or group of individuals.

We thank you all for your cooperation in this matter.  Enjoy the forum and play nice :hi:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:51:23 am by CPU »