CJ Pony Parts

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: CJ Pony Parts  (Read 8529 times)

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
CJ Pony Parts
« on: August 22, 2016, 10:57:44 am »
Hi Guys,

Just wondering about some of the stuff CJ supplies. Most of the things I would be interested in buying - like the side mirrors with inbuilt blinkers, or the replacement for the rear side orange reflector that comes in clear, smoke or red and contains LED's.....etc, on CJ's web page, all of these things tend to say that they are not compatible with cars made for sale outside the USA.

Now, I might be wrong, but I would be awfully surprised if the mirror shape or reflector shape is any different on my 2015 GT to the one Jim-Bob might own in South Carolina.  Steering wheel on the other side, but surely all the bits and bobs are the same size and shape?

Does anyone know for sure?

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
Re: CJ Pony Parts
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 11:16:40 am »
Either way, use    Save5     discount code to get 5% off the price  :evilone:

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 02:33:07 pm »
The mirrors are hugely different in size for Australian delivered vehicles than US LHD....I believe it's an ADR thing?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:35:14 pm by GT Sally »
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 02:36:12 pm »
Check this out
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline Paul Clark

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 08:07:36 pm »
Knowing the good reputation that CJ Pony parts has, I would be inclined to believe what their website says.  They are looking after the novices that don't know any better than to order parts and then complain because they are no good.

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 07:08:42 am »
I would contact the team at Mustang Motorsport, as I believe they have gathered a lot of parts for the current model and could have what your looking for in stock.
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline Giffo

• Worked
  • LIFE IS A MUSTANG
  • Name: Steve G
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 04:45:33 pm »
I have been dealing with CJ Pony for nearly 2 years now. Heaps of dollars sent buying parts for my 2002 Cobra. They are very helpful and honest. Open up an account or just use the HELP part on top of the website. They say if online or not.
Never had a drama yet. Just do your homework first and their postage cost is reasonable to Oz. If not use Harrys Classics if your not in a hurry for the parts.

Cheers
2002 MUSTANG COBRA - 4.6 SVT 5 SPEED - CONVERTIBLE.
Lowered Kings Springs, 3.73 diff gears, JTG CAI,  18" ROVOS DURBAN RIMS. MGW Short Shifter.  Slotted brake rotors. 2 1/2" SS Exhaust with Magnaflow high flow cats and mufflers.

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 09:23:42 pm »
Either way, use    Save5     discount code to get 5% off the price  :evilone:

IMBACK is also good for 5%, but If you're not in a hurry, wait for one of their sales.  They seem to have them most holiday weekends and when the sales are on, most stock is between 20% to 30% off normal RRP.

Knowing the good reputation that CJ Pony parts has, I would be inclined to believe what their website says.

Sorry but there's plenty of reports on the net to say they are not the best when it comes to either customer service or product knowledge.  They may be more switched on regarding stuff for the new models, but they are pretty clueless about the classic Mustang items.  That said, I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them and not had any problems, but always do your own homework.
Cheers,
Brian

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 08:22:38 am »
The mirrors are hugely different in size for Australian delivered vehicles than US LHD....I believe it's an ADR thing?

I learn something every day...... ;)

Offline Ron54

• Pony
  • It's Here
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 06:17:16 pm »
I have been dealing with CJ a lot and as the rest tell you they are good to deal with
They have actually changed some of their wording in the description section as I originally purchased a tuner for my car but when I asked a question regarding our Australian cars they then changed it to say it is not suitable for ours but that is life I am sure I can get it to work (or someone will)

Offline GTA302

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: pete
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 04:25:52 pm »
how do you get shipping cost from them ? Ive used American Muscle, they are good as well

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 04:38:40 pm »
how do you get shipping cost from them ?

Create an account, put the items in your cart and go to the checkout.  You can see the shipping charge before you have to commit on the order.
Cheers,
Brian

Offline Giffo

• Worked
  • LIFE IS A MUSTANG
  • Name: Steve G
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 06:44:13 am »
I have been dealing with CJ a lot and as the rest tell you they are good to deal with
They have actually changed some of their wording in the description section as I originally purchased a tuner for my car but when I asked a question regarding our Australian cars they then changed it to say it is not suitable for ours but that is life I am sure I can get it to work (or someone will)

Ron, which tuner did you buy and for what model? Any luck getting a tuner yet?
2002 MUSTANG COBRA - 4.6 SVT 5 SPEED - CONVERTIBLE.
Lowered Kings Springs, 3.73 diff gears, JTG CAI,  18" ROVOS DURBAN RIMS. MGW Short Shifter.  Slotted brake rotors. 2 1/2" SS Exhaust with Magnaflow high flow cats and mufflers.

Offline Ron54

• Pony
  • It's Here
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 01:13:06 pm »
GIFFO

I purchased the SCT X4 which they now say for US Mustangs only but as you can load tunes onto them I am hoping that when I get it tuned after I install the new exhaust and air box it can be installed onto it so as not to waste my money
They also sell the Live Wire TS which looks like it can do both ours and theirs as it is not mentioned US only

Ron