2015 Convertible window tint

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2015 Convertible window tint  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Bigbomber77

• Stallion
  • Embrace the mid life crisis
2015 Convertible window tint
« on: July 07, 2016, 10:02:36 pm »
i am thinking of getting the windows tinted on my new convertible.  Previously when i have had windows tinted on a new car i cant open the windows for a day or two while the film dries.  With the new vert the windows automatically go down 5 or 10mm whenever the door is opened then they close again after the door is closed. if i pull the fuse out to prevent the automatic movement till the film dries will that cause any other problems? has anybody done this another way?
Cheers BB

Offline JT_1994

• Worked
Re: 2015 Convertible window tint
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 10:56:15 pm »
I'm certainly no expert, but if the windows are meant to go up / down as the door is opened / closed, I would've thought it's probably to protect the glass from breaking if the roof is up, but do the windows on the fastbacks do the same thing?

I would ask the tinters - Surely it can be done without a problem..
JT_1994 aka "Nixon"

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 09:48:35 am »
Our fastback does the same thing, open a door and window goes down slightly, we had our windows tinted, and had this done through Ford, so its covered under factory warranty for this reason, after installation of tint, sticker inside car says don't put windows down for 48 hours, yeah try telling that to the car, as it does it by itself.

Hopefully we wont need the factory warranty, but it gives peace of mind for the additional cost over any other window tinter.

Cheers
Keith

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 10:12:38 am »
Can the interior rubber at the bottom of the window be removed for the 48 hrs?