1" (or so) lowered King springs. Koni (other good brands?) shocks. 65 Fastback

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 1" (or so) lowered King springs. Koni (other good brands?) shocks. 65 Fastback  (Read 4640 times)

Offline Old guy

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
Hi all,

to suit a 65 fastback V8.

What are the part numbers for the 1" lowered Kings? Not having much luck. Must be my dinosaur searching skills :)

Any shops you know of that have good deals on the above?

Or second hand low km is fine too. I travel between Sydney and Newcastle NSW regions regularly so will travel for the right gear.

However interstate is fine if it can be arranged cheaply. Heavy gear so this may not be an option but I'm open to products you have 4 sale.

OG

Offline mert

• Supercharged
1" lowered from what?  Stock?  The nose will still be too high for most tastes.  What size rims/tires your are running also makes a difference. 

You need to measure spindle to fender lip and call King and tell them the dimension you want, year, engine, etc... and their tech support will tell you what springs they have in that range.
8R01S, 8R03S, 8R01C-Cal Special, 8F01X - EXP500 Repli-bute

Offline Old guy

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
I would have thought when someone asks for 1" lowered springs it's universally accepted it's from stock???

This request was following on from my query about front end bits and I was going on that info.

I know see it was 1.5" lowered. Oops

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,29555.0.html

Here's the relevant response from the link above:-

"approximately 1 1/2" from stock

7/8" front sway bar with urethane bushings . a 1" will make it pretty firm so i rarely use them.

480 lb front lowering springs from a mustang supply or around 420 from a spring supplier like kings springs.

scott drake urethane spring saddles.

125 or 135 rear lowering springs or kings springs

kyb gas or koni adjstable or bilstein revalved shocks.

shelby/arning upper control arm lowering mod"

Offline mert

• Supercharged
Seen at least a hundred post over the years, "I bought 1" lowering springs off the (fill in name) website and they raised/lowered/didn't change (pick one) the stance..."  If you have original springs they sure don't sit the way they did from the factory and a 1" stock lowering may raise or lower or do nothing...  If you have non stock tires (few run OEM skinny 14" rim, 5" wide high profile bais ply tires these days) it makes a difference...

The notes say Shelby drop, so that lowers it about 1/2 from stock already, so buy a "1" lowering and you drop 1 1/2" from stock.  But with all the after market items noted, no telling how it sits now compared to factory.

If you want to roll the dice, buy a " 1" lowering" Scott Drake set.  If you want a specific stance, measure the car and call King Springs.  Just trying to save you a headache as many have dealt with when picking off a chart....
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:40:57 pm by mert »
8R01S, 8R03S, 8R01C-Cal Special, 8F01X - EXP500 Repli-bute

Offline unilec5544

• Worked
  • Name: Neil.
Agree with mert, who knows how the ride height has altered over the years. Here is a post about stock ride heights for a 65/66, you may want to check your car first.

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?p=58908#post58908

Offline HAMBURGLAR

• Worked
  • I NEED MORE MONEY
  • Name: mark
  • Car: 66 A code fastback 6R09A
I purchased King KFFL59 springs and thought it was still a little high for what I wanted , so I took another 15mm off the overall height and I'm really happy with the result. These springs were brand new and one measured 315mm and the other 322mm out of the box. Can anybody explain this or was it just dumb luck. Sorry oldguy , I would of posted pictures but I'm installing another new brake system thanks to SSBC. Will post some pics for you soon.
66 A code fastback 289w , t5 , 3.8truetrak.
56 F100 Deluxe custom cab. Major frame off resto. 347w , AOD , Custom 9inch , 3.7 powertrax , IFS , Parallel 4 link rear. Airbags , Low enough to kill ants. Still in progress.

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
These springs were brand new and one measured 315mm and the other 322mm out of the box. Can anybody explain this or was it just dumb luck.

The springs are usually specific for (and should be marked as) driver and passenger sides.  I would suspect the driver's side would be the taller one.
Cheers,
Brian

Offline HAMBURGLAR

• Worked
  • I NEED MORE MONEY
The springs are usually specific for (and should be marked as) driver and passenger sides.  I would suspect the driver's side would be the taller one.
Thanks Brian , had me stumped. Thought it was just like most of the gear I buy for this b%*^$.
56 F100 Deluxe custom cab. Major frame off resto. 347w , AOD , Custom 9inch , 3.7 powertrax , IFS , Parallel 4 link rear. Airbags , Low enough to kill ants. Still in progress.

Offline HAMBURGLAR

• Worked
  • I NEED MORE MONEY
Oldguy , a photo just to give you an idea. This was with King springs KFFL59 with another 15mm taken off. Height from ground to top of wheel arch 602mm passenger side and 606 on the drivers side. Tyres are 215/45/17. Good luck.

Offline Husky350

• Worked
  • I'm new here
Do you have the shelby drop also Hamburglar?

Offline HAMBURGLAR

• Worked
  • I NEED MORE MONEY
No i don't mate. But I'm waiting for the dollar to improve so i can buy the TCP coil over kit and the rack and pinion kit. Then I'll muck around with the height and see what happens.

Offline boofhead

• Blue Printed
I have a set of springs I am happy to sell you that I had run previously in my 65 fastback.
I will see if I can find a photo to send you if your interested. PM me.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Most King springs are right & left handed, its written on them next to the part number. Holdens always had LH-RH springs in the front as well