ADR Compliance 2016 Mustang

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: ADR Compliance 2016 Mustang  (Read 4577 times)

Offline 66FB-CBR

• Stallion
ADR Compliance 2016 Mustang
« on: June 05, 2016, 02:26:23 am »
Hi
Does anyone know who/how the ADR compliance checks are done on the newly imported Mustang. Are Ford US building to spec and they roll straight from the boat to the showroom, or is there an intermediate check in Australia before they are available for sale/collection?
thanks
Carl
Carl
Canberra (North)

Offline GEOFF289

• Blue Printed
Re: ADR Compliance 2016 Mustang
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 08:10:46 am »
I don't know the specific answer to this question but as a general rule you will find all cars built overseas and sold through dealers here have both a build plate and an Australian compliance plate. The dates on the two plates on my daily driver are a couple of months apart. I'd be surprised, though, if there was an actual inspection of each car, just like every Falcon or Commodore isn't inspected for compliance with ADR's before the comp plate is attached.

Offline GEOFF289

• Blue Printed

Offline 66FB-CBR

• Stallion
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 02:35:04 am »
Thanks - Also trying to determine whether compliance plates were fitted in the US or AUS. Probably AUS....
Carl
Canberra (North)

Offline mert

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 03:11:50 am »
From the lined site:

Having conducted all the appropriate tests, the manufacturer must then submit an application for approval to fit compliance plates to the particular make/model of vehicle that has been tested.

Would seem to indicate done by the manufacturer. 

Would seem more likely to be done on the assembly line than manually on arrival.  The cars are no differnt than Australian built and I'd doubt ADR plates are applied by the dealer on local content (that needs to meet the same requirements).  Take every car imported (the vast majority sold, about 90% in 2014) and it would seem even less likely every one (about 1,000,000) gets done one-by-one on arrival... nothing special about the Mustang from the "its an import" standpoint...
8R01S, 8R03S, 8R01C-Cal Special, 8F01X - EXP500 Repli-bute