Resto work

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Resto work  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Norman

• P Plates
  • Car: 1970 Mach1
Resto work
« on: January 18, 2006, 12:42:49 am »
I am about to embark on the restoration of a 1970 Mach 1. I am looking for people or companies in W.A. that can do high quality restoration work on my Mustang - bodywork and interior. I will not be changing the LHD to RHD. I am sorted for any engine work with a local company.

My aim is to keep the car as original as possible, with the exception of the vinyl interior. I intend to do the interior in leather instead of vinyl so I need someone who can cope with getting "Medium Blue" leather.

Can anyone offer some assistance with names of people who have done qulaity work?

By the way, I am in Karratha in the Pilbara, 1,640 kms north of Perth, so a company in, say Geraldton, would also be OK.

Thanks.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Resto work
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 07:13:40 pm »
Hi Norman, a good place to start would be "Mustangs West",
run by Salva Trolio. The quality is unquestioned, a recent restoration just won a Gold at the Victoria concourse. It is currently pictured on the VIC site. green Shelby GT500.
Contact is 249 Star Street Welshpool.
Ph 9355 0446
 salva@trolios.com.au
or
 mustangswest.com.au

Hope this is some help.
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline warmride

• Stallion
    • www.mikesmustang.iinet.net.au
Resto work
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 11:00:04 pm »
G'day Norman.  I'd back Nassi on that as I've seen Salva's work.  He'll be doing the RHD conversion on my 67 fastback (eventually!).

The following companies also come highly recommended from various sources:

Farrace Auto Rust in Malaga
G & T Restorations also in Malaga
Rowe and Sons in Maddington

Can't help you on the trimming front - might have to resort to the yellow pages:o

Warmride

Offline whnnie

• Pony
Resto work
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 12:23:55 am »
Norman,

Ditto to what the guys had to say about Salva.

If his quality of work doesn't win you over his dry sense of humour will. He is that dry he should be called the "drought".

He did some work for me on a previous car ( Not as nice as the car I have now, hope you are listening Nas. )
He does an excellent job.

Regards,

Whnnie:i:i:i:i:i

Offline charlie66

• Thoroughbred
Resto work
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 01:17:17 pm »
Salva handled the importation and restoration of my 66 coupe last year , basically a bare metal strip down and respray, new interior, rubbers, chromework, some mechanical work and licensing. Any misc mechanical work I cant handle myself i also return for him to do.

Offline Norman

• P Plates
  • Car: 1970 Mach1
Resto work
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 11:36:13 pm »
Thanks everyone, the replies have been a big help. I'll start making enquiries.

Now, back to constructing the shed so I can start taking bits off the car before the Redbacks take over...