How many new mustangs

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: How many new mustangs  (Read 8487 times)

Offline skinner36

• Worked
  • Name: John
  • Car: 1965 FB
How many new mustangs
« on: May 09, 2016, 07:09:26 pm »
How many new Mustangs is Ford bringing into the country each year?

Thanks,

John

Offline 6508k

• Worked
Re: How many new mustangs
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 07:30:17 pm »
As many as they can get and sell.......So far , they have sold about 6000..... :thumb:

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 07:39:19 pm »
There was supposed to be 1200 in the first lot of orders, which should be cars arriving by June this year, they have an additional 2000 cars allocated to Australia, that should be coming later this year to help clear the backlog, so I've been told by the dealer we have ours ordered through.

Offline skinner36

• Worked
  • Name: John
  • Car: 1965 FB
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 07:40:30 pm »
Wow,

The reason I asked is that I read somewhere that they were only bringing in 500 per year.

When I heard that I thought that had to be marketing suicide

John

Offline lovesny2001us

• Pony
  • Mustang EB 2016, estimated delivery Jul '16
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 12:43:38 am »
They are definitely selling over 6000 a year over last 2 years but can't make them fast enough for Aussie market.
Mustang Ecoboost (Manual) MY16 Fastback
Ordered: 18 Aug 2015
VIN: 5 April 2016
Build: 26 Apr 2016
Baltimore: 11 May 2016
Ship: Fedora
Keys in hand: 16 July 2016

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 05:05:39 pm »
Who cares, not that they are not good things just don't interest me, rather my dual cab Ranger XLT 4x4.

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 05:54:06 pm »
Literally a case of horses for courses !!   

They certainly interest other enthusiasts in great numbers in the market place though.  Ranger is a good thing however and I recently bought a new FGX Falcon and love that too.  Really, we are spoilt for choice with great product from Ford but I have said it before, get Mazda to market Ford’s  product and people will really go ape !!!    :event:

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 06:34:41 pm »
Literally a case of horses for courses !!   

They certainly interest other enthusiasts in great numbers in the market place though.  Ranger is a good thing however and I recently bought a new FGX Falcon and love that too.  Really, we are spoilt for choice with great product from Ford but I have said it before, get Mazda to market Ford’s  product and people will really go ape !!!    :event:

Rangers out sell  Mazda BT50's by many fold and its the same chassis and running gear, BT50's even have FORMCO on the glass, but the don't sell nearly as many.  New cars are a tool that you use for day to day stuff old cars are for fun.

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 06:52:20 pm »
I agree with Shaun I have two new cars, and two classics including my mustang.  Don't care about the new cars as they are just a method of getting from point A to point B.  The classics are the bees knees.  However I do like the look of the new mustang, but they are just a tool.
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 07:02:36 pm »
The Mazda BT50 is a Ranger with a less butch looking exterior.  Looks like piecemeal Oriental origami shapes that don’t look right.  But when you look at overall sales, not just Ranger/BT50, Mazda has been outselling Ford for years with family cars, SUVs and eco boxes.  Not that their sales reflect better cars than Fords but their marketing connects with people much better and works.  Zoom Zoom makes an impact and sounds more exciting than Ford’s………. see, I dunno what their unique marketing position is but I do know they sell great cars.  That was my point.

And I don’t think the new Mustang is merely a tool.  It has the same pull as the classic models, it has an emotional pull just like the older cars and that’s why they’re selling hot cakes, buyers obviously see more in them than being a conveyance.  It carries the heritage well I reckon’.

Offline philthy

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Phil
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 07:24:02 pm »
And the Mazda has far less issues than the Ranger.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 07:31:00 pm »
I hate to say this but the  new mustang is too common already . This weekend I have seen four ,2 coupes and 2 convertible s . At the end of the day its just another new car and new  model and next year there will be a newer model . My thoughts only  :thumb:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:26:34 pm by GLENN 70 »

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 08:15:39 pm »
And the Mazda has far less issues than the Ranger.

Like what issues? they go like a train. I have one, my dad has one, and mate has 6 for his business, no issues except for speeding tickets in 60 zones, and worn rear tyres until the traction control kicks in and stops the wheels lighting up.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:20:42 pm by shaunp »

Offline gbader

• Worked
  • SAAC Member
  • Name: Greg
  • Car: 65/66/16
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 11:25:20 pm »
And I don’t think the new Mustang is merely a tool.  It has the same pull as the classic models, it has an emotional pull just like the older cars and that’s why they’re selling hot cakes, buyers obviously see more in them than being a conveyance.  It carries the heritage well I reckon’.

Agree, love my 66 but also want something newer for a daily - so the 2016 is perfect

Reckon the popularity of the new model will also increase interest in the marque overall, won't hurt to attract a new generation to the classics

Cheers

Offline philthy

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Phil
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 12:02:16 am »
Ranger - electrics, gearbox especially autos, motors that go rattle then bang. not as bad as they were, but lots of lemons have been bought back.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2016, 08:13:44 am »
Ranger - electrics, gearbox especially autos, motors that go rattle then bang. not as bad as they were, but lots of lemons have been bought back.
BT would have to be the same, Box and engine is the same so is the AC most of the electrics pretty much everything under the skin. I know poeple were blowing up the engines with the oil change issue, where they wont self prime etc. The auto will get hot towing a big load if you dont run it sport mode, but the owners manual tell you this, but no one reads it. Once you run them in sport they are fine. Far as I know the auto is a ZF type box same as Falcon s etc