2015 Mustang off-side rear view mirrors

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2015 Mustang off-side rear view mirrors  (Read 5323 times)

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
2015 Mustang off-side rear view mirrors
« on: April 21, 2016, 02:50:02 pm »
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue - when my wife (who is about 5'5) adjusts the drivers seat, she is no longer able to get the off-side rear view mirror to angle in enough to allow her to see properly. Being a little bit taller, when I am in the drivers seat, I can JUST get the mirror to the correct angle. But only just.

My hunch is that the production run used mirrors angled for a LH driver, and hence the inability to get the angle right from the RH drive position.

I spoke to the ford sales guy who told me to mention it when the car goes in for its 3000k service.

Anyone else having this issue?

Offline fordtj69

• Worked
Re: 2015 Mustang off-side rear view mirrors
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 03:46:34 pm »
hi jasonk
my wife had the same problem when we were in the showroom picking it up little bit of a whinge but after the first k's not a mention of it again cant get her out of the seat now   

cheers tim
I will travel far for a car up and over the hill's to Clancy's at the bottom of the big mountain
member of the big dog car club

BDCC

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 03:59:36 pm »
cant get her out of the seat now   

Tell me about it.....  :smile01:

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 04:08:24 pm »
I'm the leprechauns little bro @ 5' 3" & yes when I first set my driving position I wasn't happy, both sides. Since I got used to those bi-focal mirrors it's all good, just a little more concentration needed. The mirrors themselves are different (bigger) than the USA but maybe the offsets haven't been adjusted to suit RHD as is the case on my '66, mounted differently on each side but never intended as a RHD.
My biggest problem now is distorted puddle lamp image RH mirror & condensation build up in tail lights. Done just over 2k, already had my "peace of mind"  :grin: inspection but these faults occurred a week later. After all, it is a mass produce vehicle, more so than our local fords & holdens, so I expect a little less quality.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:13:54 pm by GT Sally »
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline Giffo

• Worked
  • LIFE IS A MUSTANG
  • Name: Steve G
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 11:13:48 am »
Same problems when they bought out the SN95 models.
2002 MUSTANG COBRA - 4.6 SVT 5 SPEED - CONVERTIBLE.
Lowered Kings Springs, 3.73 diff gears, JTG CAI,  18" ROVOS DURBAN RIMS. MGW Short Shifter.  Slotted brake rotors. 2 1/2" SS Exhaust with Magnaflow high flow cats and mufflers.