Now they are saying the waiting list is almost 2 years wow

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Now they are saying the waiting list is almost 2 years wow  (Read 10636 times)

Offline dingobreath

• Pony
  • I'm new here
As of now, you can expect a 2017 mid to late delivery date if you order a 2016 Mustang today.......Glad I ordered earlier:)

http://www.motoring.com.au/mustang-orders-reach-6000-101708/

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Re: Now they are saying the waiting list is almost 2 years wow
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 08:11:58 pm »
No real difference to the current situation for those that ordered in the first batch.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 08:30:49 pm »
No real difference to the current situation for those that ordered in the first batch.
True, I ordered mid Oct 2014, delivered late Jan 2016. 15 1/2 months, but well worth the wait!
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline gazzab055

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Gary
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 10:42:12 am »
If this is Fords best then I think I well be satisfied with my 69 fastbacks, Fords loss, my gain.

Looks like they are still being run by the dickhead bean counters and advertising staff that lost them production in Australia.

I suppose their next step is to move production of the Mustang to Mexico or Asia.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 11:08:50 am »
Its hard to believe ,they have sales for the RHD mustang and they don't build enough to supply the buyers  :thud:    Pull your fingers out and make this happen while things are hot and sell these bloody cars . Ford no more soon the way they are going .

Offline Sprint72

• Worked
  • Name: Brett
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 04:09:44 pm »
Is it possible I wonder that Ford could be deliberately hobbling the new Mustangs availability until after the Oz factory shuts down so as to stop too much sales drift away from the Falcon??

Offline GregC

• Pony
  • MOCA Member Owner of a 2016 GT Manual (Race Red)
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 05:22:18 pm »
Ordered mine in March last year and it was delivered in mid February. Class myself as being very lick to only have to wait 11 months.
Greg

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 09:34:13 pm »
Ordered mine in March last year and it was delivered in mid February. Class myself as being very lick to only have to wait 11 months.
March was the release of the price, so basically all orders were placed then, if one ordered before then, one was higher up the list as in my case, delivered late January...still worth the wait, an awesome vehicle...poor finish but it really has the wow factor & a "helluva lot a car" for the $...(minus 2 doors & back seat)...Tried the "track mode" today for the first time......I was...$#@&....Let's see what other owners think about this feature, mine is the V8.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:36:08 pm by GT Sally »
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline RYN00S

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Ryan
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 10:47:05 am »
Is it possible I wonder that Ford could be deliberately hobbling the new Mustangs availability until after the Oz factory shuts down so as to stop too much sales drift away from the Falcon??

Doubt it, the left hand drive market is huge, I believe they sold something like 70,000 new mustangs in the US so far. They will be wanting to revert the factory back to left hand drive production ASAP.

As for the Australian market, for those of us who have already received theirs, or are due to receive theirs soon, this is great news for the resale value of their cars. Limited supply, huge demand, the car may actually appreciate in value when you drive it out of the showroom..

Offline JadeMach1

• Thoroughbred
  • Car: H code Mach1
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 11:07:46 am »
So ok I order my Mustang in the first week of January 2016...

When do you think I will get my order car??? (noting I was told to expect it as a christmas present...this year... or will that be next year???)

Offline M1TCH

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Mitch
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 01:14:52 pm »
Hi, I just joined as was looking for information on this.

I ordered at end of September 2015, and I've just been told that the Ford system shows my build due in November. Delivery takes around 3 months from then.

Pretty disappointed that I was originally told 11-12 months from ordering, but 17 months is really pushing it and I'm close to cancelling. I wanted to sell my current car mid this year, and have had no information from Ford without chasing them.

Offline JadeMach1

• Thoroughbred
  • Car: H code Mach1
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 01:42:39 pm »

I ordered at end of September 2015, and I've just been told that the Ford system shows my build due in November. Delivery takes around 3 months from then.

Pretty disappointed that I was originally told 11-12 months from ordering, but 17 months is really pushing it and I'm close to cancelling. I wanted to sell my current car mid this year, and have had no information from Ford without chasing them.

This is why I have put my 1970 Mach 1 on the market but the more I think about I might just keep it...

How did you get the proposed build date??? Do you just quote your order number to Ford Aust as the dealer can't provide any real details....

Offline RYN00S

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Ryan
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 03:22:02 pm »

Mitch, they don't build left and right hand drives at the same time, the factory has to be reconfigured to do so. Going by 2015, the Flat Rock assembly plant was switch from left hand drive to right hand drive at the end of September, so Ford may be using the same timetable for 2016. Ultimately it depends where you order sits in the queue and when production cuts off for the right hand drive, if it already hasn't.

Offline M1TCH

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 05:00:40 pm »
Hi Ryan, good to hear some info. The dealer had told me about the factory only doing RHD batches in-between the LHD runs.

That is the estimated build month that the dealer has given me as of last week (from Ford system). But as with JadeMach1's post, Ford Aus are or were still telling buyers that there is 12 month delivery, when it just isn't reality. Friends of mine ordered theirs in July '15 and it is due July this year. I order mine two months later and have to wait an extra five months... Assembly change or not, I'd rather know when they plan to build it, and if that timeline changes then be notified about it. Pretty basic business etiquette.

Offline GregC

• Pony
  • MOCA Member Owner of a 2016 GT Manual (Race Red)
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 08:06:12 pm »
This is why I have put my 1970 Mach 1 on the market but the more I think about I might just keep it...

How did you get the proposed build date??? Do you just quote your order number to Ford Aust as the dealer can't provide any real details....

I suggest you join the following forum's Australian Section www.mustang6g.com as there are threads on the forum that will tell you how to get the info you are after.
Greg

Offline MStang67

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 11:05:25 pm »

I can wait for a while to get a pre- 73 car to get restored etc but would not like to wait for a new car that long!!! It will be obsolete by the time you get it.. :burnout:

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 07:17:15 am »
Assembly change or not, I'd rather know when they plan to build it, and if that timeline changes then be notified about it. Pretty basic business etiquette.

Wow, aren't you in for about 18 months of seriously underwhelming business etiquette!

Honestly, if the people at Ford who are in charge of information are ever let any where near a production line, your Mustang would end up having 3 wheels and windscreen spot welded to a door. Utterly, utterly useless.

My Mustang is currently in BNE, en-route to MEB via SYD. At which point is will be shipped back to Sydney. I haven't received a call from the Ford dealer since, hmmmm.....November I think...

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 10:06:31 pm »

Check out this thread at the 6g forum

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37055

Offline M1TCH

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 08:26:58 pm »
My Mustang is currently in BNE, en-route to MEB via SYD. At which point is will be shipped back to Sydney. I haven't received a call from the Ford dealer since, hmmmm.....November I think...

I've been keeping an eye out at BNE port for the Mustang's. Spotted them today! :) Looked like mostly yellow, red and black.