GXE all-electric Corvette

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: GXE all-electric Corvette  (Read 4811 times)

Offline unilec5544

• Worked
  • Name: Neil.
GXE all-electric Corvette
« on: March 19, 2016, 01:55:52 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vKC8k3ISEpY

Numerous car makers and gearheads have builtGenovation-GXE-Corvette-Z06-with-an-Electric-Motor-01 extremely quick electric vehicles, but who holds the speed record? Not necessarily who’d you’d expect. The International Mile Racing Association has declared that Genovation’s GXE, a heavily modified Chevy Corvette, is the world’s fastest street-legal electric car. As you’ll see in the video, the sports EV hit a brisk 186.8MPH while hardly breaking a sweat. The GXE team accomplished the feat in its first day of testing, in fact, so it’s entirely possible that you’ll see higher speeds in the near future.

Offline 66FBK

• Worked
Re: GXE all-electric Corvette
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 10:06:32 am »
Pretty impressive but god help anyone that puts and electric motor in a classic Mustang. It just wouldn't be right. All whishhh but no Varooom. Lets face it, the days of fossil fuel burning cars coming to and silent end. I hope my kids still get to enjoy the pleasures of leaving a carbon foot print for shear pleasure and fun. 
He, with the most toys wins.

Offline HAMBURGLAR

• Worked
  • I NEED MORE MONEY
  • Name: mark
  • Car: 66 A code fastback 6R09A
Re: GXE all-electric Corvette
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 10:40:15 am »
Pretty impressive but god help anyone that puts and electric motor in a classic Mustang. It just wouldn't be right. All whishhh but no Varooom. Lets face it, the days of fossil fuel burning cars coming to and silent end. I hope my kids still get to enjoy the pleasures of leaving a carbon foot print for shear pleasure and fun.
Already done. ZOMBIE 222 , 800HP , 1800FT/LB . WICKED.
66 A code fastback 289w , t5 , 3.8truetrak.
56 F100 Deluxe custom cab. Major frame off resto. 347w , AOD , Custom 9inch , 3.7 powertrax , IFS , Parallel 4 link rear. Airbags , Low enough to kill ants. Still in progress.