transit express logistics

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: transit express logistics  (Read 14449 times)

Offline Kerry

• Pony
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 02:08:01 pm »
Bumblebee
Its now due 4th April as it didn't make the Boat I thought it was on.
I can track the ship/container now so hopefully I can pick it up around the 11th April.....6 months after purchase.
Im not even getting excited until its cleared customs and I have booked my flight to Melbourne.

I have now missed driving the car in Summer (car was due Nov/dec).
I have missed the Shannon's show as well. And I see that a car very similar to mine took out the Fastback section (mine would have one that for sure LOL).

Am still trying to get  compensation from the shipping company so will see how that goes.

monahanajj.... did you find out any information that could help?

Cheers
kerry

Offline Kerry

• Pony
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 02:08:18 pm »

Offline gabs

• P Plates
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 09:46:25 pm »
i know how you feel i used transzit express logistics, paid in oct 07, arrived here jan 08  we are now at the end of march 08 and still waiting for my 1967 ford mustang fastback, to be released, i have never dealt with a company that uses so many excuses, unprofessional service and just slowwwww.

Offline gabs

• P Plates
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 01:41:08 pm »
i to am waiting for my 1967 mustang fastback to be released by transzit express, this company is so full of excuses, car arrived here in jan 08 and i am still waiting for transzit to release it, in the meantime no one can give me an explanation as to why it takes so long to release a car. its sitting in a warehouse clocking up storage fees.

Offline gabs

• P Plates
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 01:52:08 pm »
hey insideout member, i too am using transzit express, have you gotten your car yet from them if so what did you do. cause i am still waiting for mine, mine has arrived here in melbourne in jan and still waiting, i am going in circles with trying to get an answer from them but they are full of excuses, last time they emailed me they were shutting business here in australia.

Offline ejmustang

• Worked
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 03:55:08 pm »
Hi Kerry hope your troubles are soon over it must be very frustrating waiting you should tell every one who the shipping company is .i used california image in brisbane and it could not have been easier it just went so smooth shane and cindy keep you up to date all the time which is important .good luck JOHN;z

Offline victorypark

• Worked
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 11:53:42 am »
Thanks for the heads up ejmustang on cali image in Brissie.  The more info and feedback we get on shipping companies, importers and the like the better off we all will be and less frustrations will be had.

Still in saying that....u can have shipping company "X" who has done 20 great jobs and they might have 1 bad one that tarnishes their reputation.

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 06:07:28 pm »
Victorypark. Check u2u.

Offline Kerry

• Pony
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 11:43:41 am »
Hi All,
The saga has not quite finished....
So the car is here but with some damage from the shipping.
A few deep scratches here and there and a dent from something obviously being put on the hood.
Has anyone had these sort of problems? and what recourse do you have?
I have the Vehicle inspection report from when the car was picked up from the seller in the US.... he went over the car many times and could find any damage or scratches. This proves that it happened during my shippers care.
This car won a best paint trophy two months before I brought it and I was expecting the car to be undamaged (obviously) when I received it.
Any advise for a frustrated Mustang owner.

Cheers

Offline victorypark

• Worked
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 01:20:36 pm »
I am so sorry to hear of your experiences Kerry.  As if the delayed shipping wasn't enough only to inspect your ride, which having seen a pic previously was in pristine condition, to find this damage that u have described.

Totally unacceptable and really someone should be made accountable. :_:[:_

I wish u all the successes and best of luck in the future with your ride.

Offline Red71

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2008, 02:41:47 pm »
Originally posted by Kerry
Hi All,
The saga has not quite finished....
So the car is here but with some damage from the shipping.
A few deep scratches here and there and a dent from something obviously being put on the hood.
Has anyone had these sort of problems? and what recourse do you have?
I have the Vehicle inspection report from when the car was picked up from the seller in the US.... he went over the car many times and could find any damage or scratches. This proves that it happened during my shippers care.
This car won a best paint trophy two months before I brought it and I was expecting the car to be undamaged (obviously) when I received it.
Any advise for a frustrated Mustang owner.

Cheers

Hi Kerry,

I feel for you. The only recourse you would have is if you had shipping insurance. I went to the extra expence of having full cover when my car was shipped. Most freight forwarders only cover you for total loss ie if the container falls overboard or if it is stolen. Have a look at your maritime insurance policy to see if you can claim. The other problem is the excess - some can be as high as USD$1,000, so may not be worth all the trouble.

Good luck with it all.

Offline gabs

• P Plates
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2008, 09:41:54 pm »
to jtourvas,  i am in the process of restoring my 67 fastback, pls can you post a picture of what your 67 looks like.  thanks.

Offline Kerry

• Pony
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2008, 06:12:12 pm »
I feel ahppy about outing the shippers now as I have had no luck from them getting any kind of compensation.:_

AUTO EZY SEARCH
of melbourne...... Dont use them!

will post a bit more of my story later..

cheers
kerry:_

Offline ken

• Stallion
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 06:18:56 pm »
hi kerry when i export from califronia from the day of it being loaded into container it arrives to australia within 5 weeks never any longer than that so it sounds like your getting the runaround for sure!

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 12:36:59 pm »
Kerry

I almost feel like ringing you from the states about this. :_This pisses me off sooooo FN bably and Im sure it does to all the other reputable importers and exporters that are members on this site as well.

Drop me an email, matt@shermatt.com or go to our site and use the contact form and I,ll see what we can source in the way of getting some info for ya mate from this end.     (in confidence)

Matt Wilson
www.shermatt.com

Offline Davedog

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 09:50:18 pm »
Who are they T code?

Do you know the people in LA that have it?

Or who in melboure organised for you?

Let me know

Dave

Offline 68 gt390

• Pony
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 12:34:08 pm »
Next time you guys are looking at importing try Pete Tate(A kiwi) www.foytt.com 001 310 683 9141 hes based in LA and will bend over backwards to make sure things go smoothly.