Help needed with Pulleys and Brackets

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Help needed with Pulleys and Brackets  (Read 2088 times)

Offline MY6T5PONY

• Thoroughbred
  • You're thru learning when you're thru
  • Name: Con
Help needed with Pulleys and Brackets
« on: January 25, 2016, 06:02:45 pm »
Hi All,, I'm in the process of rebuilding my 347 stroker, the block is out of a mid 90's Explorer, the previous owner drilled a hole for the dip stick tube as the original was in the side of the block, see pic of engine,, I purchased a replacement timing cover, with provision for dip stick tube, and a new water pump, both are reverse rotation as was the original, but the new pump as a different flange for the pulley and is longer, so i'd like to change the pulleys and brackets as I didn't like how high they were positioned, see pic of engine bay,, I would like to run a serpentine set up but i'm not sure which kit to get or what to get them from,, my car is a 65 FB and the radiator has thermo's and the water outlet is on the pass side (USA drivers side),, I'm hoping someone has experienced this before and can help me, thanks..

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
Re: Help needed with Pulleys and Brackets
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 08:53:04 am »
I used a Conceptone serpentine system on my 347. Item#SFL01P. All polished aluminium. P/S.A/C,pulleys,belt,chrome alt, all for less than $1000 plus 4300 shipping . Been good since 2009 .
Redd Machinery &Manufacturing. 770 889 5900  GA. USA
Stormin

Offline boofhead

• Blue Printed
Re: Help needed with Pulleys and Brackets
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 10:47:02 am »
You will need to workout which pulley system you want to use first then choose the water pump. There are double serpentine belt options if you want to use the longer neck pump normal direction. Commonly a single belt system is used. For example, the Concept One system requires (like most single belt serpentine systems) the short neck reverse water pump. I like the concept one and have used it. Now this setup for from later mustangs so the dip stick is designed for the side entrance as is provided by the roller blocks. What I have done is get an after market sump (such as the Canton large capacity designing) which has a dip stick entry in its side extension.

Offline unilec5544

• Worked
  • Name: Neil.