Hooning at car events

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Hooning at car events  (Read 7430 times)

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
Hooning at car events
« on: December 14, 2015, 05:54:00 pm »
A message from Sam from Machines & Macchiatos; I hope this isn't anyone here; burgundy 67/68 convertible.

Congratulations...
are you the owner of this car, or do you know him???

What have you WON?
Well... because of your foolish driving (doing a burnout out the font of the venue, packed with people ) YOU ARE NOW BANNED FROM ALL FUTURE MACHINES & MACCHIATOS EVENTS..

Every meet we make a point of tell everyone not to drive dangerously & if you do you will be banned. So congratulations, you are the first person banned.

If you know the owner please pass this message onto him.

We have your rego & you will be on our radar.
Thanks very much for spoiling our event.

https://www.facebook.com/SydneyMachinaSocialClub/photos/a.1586500374912928.1073741828.1510437945852505/1709515715944726/?type=3&theater

s
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 05:57:44 pm by StephenSLR »

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
Re: Hooning at car events
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:07:53 pm »
Good on the organiser for taking a positive stand, no needs clowns at these events, especially when families with kids are often in tow. :thumb:

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 08:49:14 am »
Good job! Idiots are spoiling events and need reigning in !
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 09:29:44 am »
I hope its not someone from here?

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 09:36:08 am »
Nice looking mustang and RHD .  :agree: but we can all get caught up in the moment at the time . What I find is most of the time  when this happens its the cars with low HP and the driver has something to prove . Anyway he is in the shit now and can stuff it up for others in classic cars .

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 09:58:14 am »
we can all get caught up in the moment at the time.

It's not like none of us have done it before and I guess many of us have grown out of it. Apparently many warnings were given; I have seen Sam telling those with the louder cars to keep it down with regards to revving; the property is right up against housing.

Burnouts are highly irresponsible here; it's a family event, many joggers around and parents walking prams along the bay run, early Sunday morning in a residential neighbourhood and had there been a cop around or even someone taking a video; you could have your car confiscated under the hooning laws.

s

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 10:14:33 am »
Ok so it was done in a residential area and people close to the car  :toetapping:  the guy is a dick . I thought the event may have been at a race track or something .  A mate of mine saw a guy doing the same thing once ,he went over and grabbed the guys keys and threw them as far as he could ,took the guy over 1/2 hr to find them  :grin: .

Offline SXTY8

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 10:23:05 am »
Yes the times are changing and we have to change with them. I usually attend the 60's American Muscle Car show at the Manhattan Hotel, and in the past it was usual for people leaving the event to lay a bit of rubber for the spectators as they exited the car park. I've noticed for the last few years that they have an official standing at the exit reminding drivers to make sure they don't have a rush of blood and spin the wheels.
This is also in a residential area with lots of people around, so it makes sense to drive safely and if for no other reason, the thought of my car sitting in an impound yard for 28 days is enough to make me behave.

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 10:32:38 am »
the thought of my car sitting in an impound yard for 28 days is enough to make me behave.

Yep, also the risk of doing damage to my car, the cost of repair and time off the road; keeps me behaving.

s

Offline marksince1984

• Stallion
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 06:52:30 pm »
Here here. Time and a place and this is neither. If it isn't on a track then it isn't on, period

Some tuff dude got the revs up when leaving the Muster in a GT Falcon during presentation and its actions like that which causes us grief
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 06:54:49 pm by marksince1984 »
1969 Mach 1 S Code

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 12:26:43 pm »
I hope its not someone from here?

I don't recall ever seeing a '67 burgundy convertible at any meet/run/show before???
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 12:30:11 pm by 68Coupe »

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 06:03:04 pm »
I saw one from Sydney once came uphere for a car show. Bloke who owned it looked about 70, so probably a different one.

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 09:35:50 pm »
Looked at the title of this thread and thought the OP was looking for volunteers...  :bolt:
Cheers,
Brian

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 09:39:47 pm »
I saw one from Sydney once came uphere for a car show. Bloke who owned it looked about 70, so probably a different one.

You may be on to something Ron, he may have mistaken the throttle for the brake as old people sometimes do...... :grin:
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 09:58:47 pm »
Maybe that's my problem. I've been concerned about economy since my 59th birthday!  :grin: