2016 Mustang on ebay

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2016 Mustang on ebay  (Read 11031 times)

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
Re: 2016 Mustang on ebay
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2015, 05:42:20 pm »
Someone invested 65k and hopes to resell and make some money on a popular item... the sky is falling... not.
I think the plan is to have it sold by the time he takes delivery of the car so he doesn't have to float the lion's share of the purchase price.

I find the angst over this is quite amusing...  I guess anyone selling a car please post details here for approval prior to offering it on the open market!
Mmm - you might sing a different tune if it was something you were interested in buying but the only one left was held by someone with no intention other than making a speculative profit out your hide.

And stop being a cheeky bugger and comparing selling a used car you actually own to a brand new one you've ordered but have no intention of owning for more than 5 minutes...  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 05:45:44 pm by BAC »
Cheers,
Brian

Offline peter9231

• Member-Society of Automotive Engineers Australasia
  • Worked
  • Name: Peter
  • Car: 66 convertible
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2015, 06:07:31 pm »
You are making assumptions about the seller without any facts.
Perhaps he should be hung or burnt at the stake or jailed prior to trial ?
If its not breaching any contract or law who cares?
Life is too short move on....
"If you are not prepared to be part of the solution you forfeit your right to criticise"

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2015, 06:14:24 pm »
Was just an interesting discussion, nothing more.  The fact that the topic revolves around the sale of an expensive item that the seller does not yet possess makes it so.

Nothing wrong with a full and frank exchange of views...
Cheers,
Brian

Offline scedd1

• Worked
  • Name: Steve
  • Car: 68 Coupe - Frankenstang
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2015, 06:15:41 pm »
People flip Mustangs all the time.

Scalping blocks of tickets is a bit different than buying one $65,000 car and trying to flip it for a profit.    And scalping tickets for more than a 10% bump is illegal, at least in Qld.  But if someone buys a ticket legally, and then sells it legally as its in-demand for a 50% profit and both parties are happy, I couldn't care less.  Others can hold their own opinions. 

Someone invested 65k and hopes to resell and make some money on a popular item... the sky is falling... not.

How Ford could cancel the contract is very suspect.  He agreed to buy it, not keep it for any predetermined length of time.  If s/he's put a deposit on it long ago and if he/she meets the contract terms... Ford can get stuffed.   I'd be seeking legal advice and looking at suing Ford for breach of contact if they renege on the contract... I guess builders/contractors selling homes off the plan should be stopped too.. and anyone buying futures in the stock market, etc, etc, etc... same concept sell what you don't own, very common business (like a CJ Pony that orders parts after you do then drop ships and freight forwards, holding your payment as float... should they be stopped too??) ...  they make money... a disgrace, as those scumbags are profiteering!!!  :smile01:

Comrades unite against the imperialist capitalist scum mongers!  :lol: 

I find the angst over this is quite amusing...  I guess anyone selling a car please post details here for approval prior to offering it on the open market!

For once i agree with everything you say.
Even if old mate bought a block of 10 Mustangs, whos business is it what he does with them.
No company has a right to say how long he keeps them as long as he pays and takes delivery.
Perhaps we should set up a free cheese delivery for all the complainers to enjoy with their whine.
.  ____________
./____________ \.
 ( ]]] _ _ O _ _ [[[ )
\_ o _ _____ _ o _/
 |___|            |___|

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2015, 06:24:00 pm »
Hey if he wants to sell it and make money good luck to him ,even tho it pees me off . Its up to the buyer if they are willing to pay more than its worth . Supply and demand .

Offline peter9231

• Member-Society of Automotive Engineers Australasia
  • Worked
  • Name: Peter
  • Car: 66 convertible
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2015, 06:30:56 pm »

Nothing wrong with a full and frank exchange of views...

And that is what it should have been.
Not judgmental....
"If you are not prepared to be part of the solution you forfeit your right to criticise"

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2015, 06:56:41 pm »
Not judgmental....

Have to make a few assumptions in order to have something to talk about.   As for judgements, what are they but the firm opinions of the people concerned...
Cheers,
Brian

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2015, 09:10:56 pm »
Can't see the problem personally, I buy stuff all day every day and have it sold for a profit before I've placed the order... called capitalism or free enterprise when I went to school..
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission

Offline Fitzy1980

• Blue Printed
  • I'm new here
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2015, 06:27:44 pm »
I don't see the issue. As far as i'm aware Ford doesn't have a leg to stand on cancelling his order.

He has entered into a contract, paid a deposit and there is nothing in a dealer form that states you can't sell or advertise a car for sale before delivery.

It happened with the Toyota 86. Carsales was full of them for sale before they were released.

People were ordering 2-3 cars and selling them hand over fist well over what the rrp was because the waiting list was so long people didn't want to wait.

Good luck to him

Offline mojocoops

• Worked
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 07:43:01 am »

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 07:47:14 am »
It happened with the Toyota 86. Carsales was full of them for sale before they were released.
It also happens with Apple products.

http://www.slashgear.com/apple-watch-scalpers-selling-pre-orders-on-ebay-for-over-2000-11378526/

If there isn't a law against it or a breach of contract; there isn't much that can be done.

s