Mustang Importer Options Brisbane

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Mustang Importer Options Brisbane  (Read 5489 times)

Offline mick81

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Mick
Mustang Importer Options Brisbane
« on: November 30, 2015, 09:13:10 pm »
I have just imported my 67 Coupe from the USA - very happy with the car and getting it detailed and paint protection this week - once I have that get some nice photos and will introduce it to the forum.

My experience with the importing was not as pleasant as I would like it to be and I had a mate help me who brings in cars regularly and he is looking for another option to use as an imported. We specifically requested info and made every effort to stop damage to the car but it still got scratched on the way in and the info didn't get passed on and the duties and costs weren't fully disclosed when requested. Just looking for someone who is good to deal with and takes pride in the process.

Anyone used some recently?

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
  • Name: Ryan
Re: Mustang Importer Options Brisbane
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 09:17:56 pm »
I used cargo clear Laurie he was good to deal with helped me out of a bind too. They ship with pts in long beach.
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual
4 wheel power assisted brakes

Other cars
1967 mustang coupe 289 c4 red
1966 mustang convertible nightmist blue
1951 f1 chopped truck blown c4 black
1963 Xl falcon ute 200ci 3spd manual white

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 09:29:22 pm »
If you aren't afraid of getting your hands a little dirty, it's not too hard to manage the process yourself.

There are good US based transport/shipping companies and good Aussie outfits for doing the local stuff when the car arrives.  I used CFR Rinkens stateside and EDI International for Aussie customs clearance.
Cheers,
Brian

Offline ND69

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 09:31:43 pm »
I used Schumacher Cargo Logistics for my last car, they were excellent. It was a few years ago.

I know  i guy who brings in cars regularly, but the low peso has put a temp stop to that. He some times is looking for a filler, He is Brisbane based.

Offline USAtoAUS

• Stallion
    • www.usatoaus.com
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 01:55:53 pm »
We have shipped over 60 containers to date this year. Warehouses in both the east and west coast. Based on the north end of the Gold Coast (but ship AUS wide). Ship parts free with vehicles or cheap without vehicles. Happy to discuss your needs.
Shipping from the USAtoAUS (BRI - FRE - MEL - SYD)
www.USAtoAUS.com

Offline boofhead

• Blue Printed
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 07:39:20 am »
I used cargo clear Laurie he was good to deal with helped me out of a bind too. They ship with pts in long beach.

I have used Cargo clear as well for both my cars. Laurie was easy to deal with - process went well and I was happy with the charges. I will use him again for the next one.

Offline GEOFF289

• Blue Printed
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 06:00:29 pm »