opinion

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: opinion  (Read 7995 times)

Offline lil_289

• P Plates
opinion
« on: January 27, 2008, 06:40:01 pm »
would different tread patterns affect my lsd

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
opinion
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 07:47:55 pm »
Seeing you are a member of AMCC are going to the club meeting tomorrow night?  Oh......... I doubt it.:+

Offline ozford

• Worked
opinion
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 08:32:49 pm »
:w:w:w...... seriuosly tho... differnt tred patterns wont matter. you may have problems if the rear tires are a diffirent size or profile to each other. 4wd s have the most problems with this cos if one tire is a diffirent profile itll always pop out of 4wd mode.

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
opinion
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 06:17:53 pm »
WTF?
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
opinion
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 09:08:00 pm »
I can't say I've ever heard of that, but the early 4x4's can suffer from what they call, "transmission wind up"  its what happens when four wheel drive is engaged and driven on hard surfaces where the wheels aren't allowed any slip.  It basically means that both diffs work against each other.

Getting back to the original question, the wheels would have to have different height aspect ratios to cause diff problems.

Offline BossKraft

• Worked
    • Bosskraft
opinion
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 08:59:16 pm »
I think you would be hard pressed to find two different tyres that have the same overall diameter. I would do my best to make sure both rear tyres are the same to avoid that issue. My 2 cents...
Sean McDonagh
MCA Gold Card Judge
Judge at SAAC events
Retired MOCA Head Judge (one of them)