What Tha

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: What Tha  (Read 8607 times)

Offline jr65

• Worked
What Tha
« on: January 26, 2008, 08:50:34 pm »
I am so stupid.

Spent 3 hours Friday night cleaning the engine bay and washing the car and doing the wheels and tyres.

Spent another 4 and half hours polishing and cleaning the inside ready for the Claytons Concours at Bayswater on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.    Yeah that’s right I thought Sunday.  What an idiot.  

The lovely wife jumped on the net around lunch time today had a look at the MOCA site and come out and informed of my total brain fade.

To Adam and Narelle I apologize because I did ring up earlier in January to say I would volunteer to help out on the Bar-B Q.  Hope it went ok

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
What Tha
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 10:02:20 am »
Easy mistake to make Jeff. Every other Mustang show seems to be on a Sunday. Seeing as you've gone to so much trouble, why don't you take some photos & post for all of us to see? It would be like going to the car show but without the sunburn!!:+

Evan.

Offline jr65

• Worked
What Tha
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 11:56:15 am »
Hi Evan...How’s your car going?   If you look closely at the rear bumper, It used to belong to you.

The cars paint work looks alot better in the photos than it does in real life, I am doing all the mechanical stuff first.

Well I am off for a drive now, not point in wasting the day with such a clean car.

Jeff

http://www.putfile.com/a65v8/images/173879

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
What Tha
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 12:37:34 pm »
Looks great Jeff.

Mine's sloooowly coming along. Just applying the finishing touches to the engine bay & connecting up the new brakes. All the chrome's looking fantastic up against the satin black. Once that's done, on to the body.

Enjoy the drive. I'm so bloody envious!

Evan.

Offline jr65

• Worked
What Tha
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 08:55:26 pm »
Thanks, but the pictures make the paint work look alot better than its, its had a 1 day type paint job in the good ol US of A  at sometime so I would say its what they call a 20 metre car.

But having said that its a work in progress and I love it and I had a fantasic drive up and over the dandenogs today. ;_

Back to your car did you spray the bay with the engine in or did you lift  it out.  

If you did it with the engine in I wouldn't mind having a look because I have just about done all the mechanicals on mine and am moving in the engine bay shortly,  I really dont want pull the motor out because its perfect.

jeff

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
What Tha
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 12:01:03 am »
Jeff, I did leave it in & I regretted it. Just the time I wasted in masking, I reckon I could've pulled the engine out.....twice! Cleaning/sanding wasn't a problem though. The thing that I found awkward was the actual spraying. Because it's a satin, it's important to lay the paint down evenly & that's real hard when you're dodging an engine. It's not perfect but looks pretty good against all the shiny stuff. I fitted the chromed export brace today & that hides plenty. Overall, I'm happy. I might start tidying up the wiring tomorrow so feel free to pop in for a sticky-beak. Send me U2U if you've lost my number.

Evan.