Mustang parts in Oz

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Mustang parts in Oz  (Read 5546 times)

Offline monza1414

• L Plates
Mustang parts in Oz
« on: January 09, 2006, 12:33:35 pm »
Hi everyone, im new to this site and the world of mustangs. I have purchased a 66 hardtop from a guy i know that has been 2/3rds restored. What im needing to know is 2 things to start me off and running, 1- does anybody know a mustang parts supplier in australia and 2- does anybody know of a kit that you can buy to convert a hardtop to a convertible. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Shane

Offline mussy65

• Worked
    • http://nsw.mustang.org.au
  • Name: Phil
Mustang parts in Oz
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 08:21:08 pm »
Why not join the club and also come along to some meetings and outings?  You will find the members have done most things that can be done to a Mustang and also a lot of things that would normally not be done.  Between them, you will get some really good advice.

Bunnings Hardware often have angle grinders and blue plastic sheets on sale which will get you on the way with your project.  ;}  Personally, I would restore the hardtop and get some good experience and knowledge.  Then, go find a convertible and restore that.  :_   You will get better returns for sure, I think.

:]
[/size][/color][/b]

Offline monza1414

• L Plates
Mustang parts in Oz
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 10:54:35 am »
Hi Mussy, thanx for that. I may just take your advice.

Offline ron

• Worked
Mustang parts in Oz
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 11:33:03 am »
Good ol Mustang Auto Parts here in Bris for all your Mustang specific parts.You'll probably find that they're just a little bit more expensive than down south but by the time you add freight it costs the same anyway.Don't forget your Mustang won't fall apart or catch any funny diseases if you by parts from Supa Cheap or your local auto parts store....suspension,brakes,engine bits and pieces etc etc.
Money is made to be spent.

Offline monza1414

• L Plates
Mustang parts in Oz
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 03:49:28 pm »
thanks Ron. Mechanicals are no probs but will just need the odd stang part here and there. I have a list of things i need to start with so i will give you a call. :=