Garage flooring (PVC tiles)

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Garage flooring (PVC tiles)  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Yellow66

• Worked
  • Car: 1966 coupe & 1969 Mach 1
Garage flooring (PVC tiles)
« on: August 18, 2015, 08:39:52 pm »
Hi

Just after anyone's advice on PVC tiles for garage flooring.  Obviously Racedeck is well known (and expensive). Anyone used similar products like Dynotile and what do you think?

I'm looking at Coin Dot garage flooring ( http://www.carpettiles1.com.au/pvcinterlockingtiles.php ) which can be purchased from Marrickville. Pretty decent price, but interesting to see how it compares to Racedeck or others.

Appreciate any comments.

Cheers

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Re: Garage flooring (PVC tiles)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 10:02:59 pm »

Offline MACH_ONE

• Worked
  • torque to me
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 10:43:24 pm »
Hi

Just after anyone's advice on PVC tiles for garage flooring.  Obviously Racedeck is well known (and expensive). Anyone used similar products like Dynotile and what do you think?

I'm looking at Coin Dot garage flooring ( http://www.carpettiles1.com.au/pvcinterlockingtiles.php ) which can be purchased from Marrickville. Pretty decent price, but interesting to see how it compares to Racedeck or others.

Appreciate any comments.

Cheers

I was looking at these tiles for my garage but decided to put down a 2 pack poly with flakes down...The tiles look great and he is a hell of lot cheaper than race deck but Racedeck do look a lot better and have the edgings. Im not sure if the these do...the only reason I didnt go for tiles was Im not sure how they would stand up to say jacking a car up etc if you didnt spread the load over the tile...but they do look cool in a garage.
My other car is a Mustang ( ok I lied this one cost me enough)

Offline Yellow66

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 09:01:02 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately i'm in Queanbeyan (just outside Canberra) so the Racedeck on ebay is too far away.

These tiles do come with ramp edging ($2 a piece) so all good there.  I spoke to the guys and they said that you could jack a car up on the tiles but obviously you would want to spread the load over the tiles.

Cheers

Offline mickemck

• Memphis 68
  • Pony
  • MOCA NSW member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 07:21:14 am »
Check out this link it may be of interest
http://www.t4i.com.au/M808
Take it to the limit one more time

Offline Yellow66

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 06:02:57 pm »
Thanks mickemck but how do you contact them to get a price.  No contact details or links on that site.

Offline mickemck

• Memphis 68
  • Pony
  • MOCA NSW member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 07:26:31 am »
Ph 1300 124 422
from memory about $35 / sq metre for 10mm thick tiles and about $80 / sq metre for 18mm ventilated tiles.
Take it to the limit one more time