Introduce yourself

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 6848 times)

Offline 69EPS

• P Plates
Introduce yourself
« on: January 03, 2006, 06:07:03 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm Stephanie.  I have just got my 69 Mach 1 back on the road after having the gearbox rebuilt.  There's five mustangs up here in Newman, you don't see them out much but I might get the boys motivated  to go for a bit of a cruise now that mine is finally back on the road.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Introduce yourself
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 09:45:15 pm »
Well done Stephanie. Good luck with getting the others off their buts, but if you do:(
Any chance of seeing some of the Newman cars at the round up in March?
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline warmride

• Stallion
    • www.mikesmustang.iinet.net.au
Introduce yourself
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 11:30:30 pm »
Hi Stephanie,

Coincidence?  I sold a '67 coupe to a guy from Newman back in '95.  Can't recall his name - it was white with a tan (parchment?) interior and vinyl roof.  

It was a really straight car - ex-USA desert region from memory and I often wish I had kept it.  Que sera, sera;)

Cheers, Mike (aka Warmride).

Offline 69EPS

• P Plates
Introduce yourself
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 01:13:35 am »
Thanks Nassi.  What's the info on the round up?  I think there's also a "Ford's in the Loop" held at Yarloop some time around April which I'm keen to get to as it's my partner's old home town.  Who knows, might see if I can try and get to both if it's around the same time.  It's just a bit of a drive for us as we live 1200kms north of Perth.  You wouldn't know the dates of both these events would you?

Mike, I know exactly where your old car is - it's four houses down from me in the same street.  In fact I was just chatting to Roly (he is the current owner) about it on the weekend.  Told him my car was just about ready to go so he'd better start dusting his off to get it ready for a ride.  I'm pretty sure Roly bought the car off Dave Webley (known to everyone as Wobs) a few years ago.  He used it as a daily driver for a while there but haven't seen it on the road for quite some time.  Wobs has another mustang in his shed which I haven't seen around for what seems like a decade.  From memory it's a red 70 convertible.  There's another 69 Mach 1 (red) in town too which is in the same street as me and Roly would you believe.  There's also a 69 coupe.  Not bad for a small country town hey!

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Introduce yourself
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 10:33:30 am »
Nice collection for a small country town.
Those dates are, Mustang round up / concourse 5/3/06.
Aussie Cars in the Loop III,  16/4/06. (this is promoted as The All Australian Car Day).
Hope to catch up with you folks at either do.
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Horselover

• Worked
Introduce yourself
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 06:49:05 pm »
Hi All,

I've finally got my (forgotten) password reset and can now communicate.

Hi to all the JMF people.

Isn't that the pits, a really good forum spoiled by a hacker.

I wonder where the brains are located ?;_

Catch ya later,
Warwick

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Introduce yourself
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 11:11:20 pm »
Hi Warwick,
brains and hacker, cant believe the two have ever met.
Still I had best not be too sharp, lest the tosser's get offended.
nassi:+
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline warmride

• Stallion
    • www.mikesmustang.iinet.net.au
Introduce yourself
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 12:09:15 am »
G'day 69EPS.  The Mustang world is a pretty small world in Oz!

I wouldn't mind betting that is the car.  Even the guys name sounds remotely familiar.  Ironically we had a spring clean over Christmas and I just chucked out all the old docs and info I had on that car.  I still have all the original pinks from the US and the import approval docs on all my past cars though.  

I also sold another car to a guy up in Exmouth.  Apparently there was a bit of a demand up there at one time when the US Navy had a base there.  Still quite a few getting around I heard.

On another note, can anyone troubleshoot my sig pic for me.  You can see the HTML below looks ok but the bugger aint working;)

Cheers, Mike.

Offline 69EPS

• P Plates
Introduce yourself
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 01:01:27 am »
Nassi - thanks for those dates.  Doubt whether I'd get to the round up.  Fingers crossed I can make it down for the show in Yarloop.  

Mike, if your car was LHD then it's the one.  

Cheers :2