Window Channel Guides for 67 Hardtop

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Window Channel Guides for 67 Hardtop  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Patto

• Pony
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:15:33 pm »
So after buying two sets of the weather felt runners which didn't fit, my panel beater tells me the wrong window channel guides are in the car.

The window channel guides that are on the car are out of a 66 and the car is a 67, since the car has never had the windows installed we just assummed they were the correct ones that came with the car :_

Anyway, I'm told you can't buy this part so wondering if anyone knows of a wrecker that may have some old doors for a 67 or if anyone on the forum might have some that I would gladly purchase?

Cheers
Patto

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:22:42 pm »
Try Kentucky mustang, they are a wreckers too! but be warned, take a picture of what you want and email it to them to be sure! cheers Paull
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 12:54:58 pm »
Patto,
 According to the Mustang Recognition guide, the '67 shared the glass from '66 and was NOT the same as the '68, which had different curves on it. Maybe your original channels are right. I hope this helps your dilimma, otherwise a call to Phil Whickham in Newcastle (02)49908677 may help as I know he has a limited stock of second hand channels and glass.
Cheers, Ron B

Offline Patto

• Pony
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 01:33:07 pm »
Originally posted by R_Beckhaus
Patto,
 According to the Mustang Recognition guide, the '67 shared the glass from '66 and was NOT the same as the '68, which had different curves on it. Maybe your original channels are right. I hope this helps your dilimma, otherwise a call to Phil Whickham in Newcastle (02)49908677 may help as I know he has a limited stock of second hand channels and glass.
Cheers, Ron B

Hi Ron,
Maybe it's possible the glass is the same but the channel guides are different? The issue I have is that the felts which run inside the channel guides definitely do not fit. The felts are listed as fitting for a 67/68 model from Scott Drake.

I've sent an email to Kentucky Mustang and I'll give Phil a call. Many thanks for your help.  

Cheers
Patto

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 01:36:01 pm »
I think it was only the front screen that is the same as 65-66.
Anyway a restoration guide I have shows the runners to be different from 66 to 67 and as stated earlier, only 65- 66 are reproduced at this time.
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Patto

• Pony
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 03:26:12 pm »
Rob,

thanks mate!

Called Phil he's sending them out day after tomorrow. Legend. Thanks for everyone else help too. This forum is fantastic

:a

Cheers
Patto