Best new panel supplier? (1967/8)

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Best new panel supplier? (1967/8)  (Read 5588 times)

Offline mungus

• Thoroughbred
  • Not a bogan, but I like dem big V8's!
  • Name: Hugh
Best new panel supplier? (1967/8)
« on: June 26, 2015, 07:34:04 am »
Can anyone recommend a supplier for new panels for 1967/68 cars?  :therethere:

So far I've been looking at Mustang Depot's stuff. They seem to have everything I want. Anyone bought their panels, any good?
How about Mustangs of Melbourne? Heard they sell Dynacorn stuff...

I only ask as I've seen some real rubbish pattern panels for other cars I've done in the past, and I'm looking for something that fits...

If someone has found a good supplier other than them please let us know.
Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.   :bow:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 12:55:12 pm by mungus »
Grumpy old git!

Offline peter9231

• Member-Society of Automotive Engineers Australasia
  • Worked
  • Name: Peter
  • Car: 66 convertible
Re: Best new panel supplier? (1967/8)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 12:55:10 pm »
East Coast Mustangs in Lilydale Vic.
"If you are not prepared to be part of the solution you forfeit your right to criticise"

Offline Greg

• Pony
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 01:43:39 pm »
Try Capital Classics.  Recently changed ownership and relocated to Hume ACT.  They have a ton of sheet metal in stock.  I used them for my restoration and sourced front fenders, cowl, boot lid, floor pan... and the list goes on.  All replacement sheet metal was good quality and a good fit.

Offline mungus

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 05:58:21 pm »
Try Capital Classics.  Recently changed ownership and relocated to Hume ACT.  They have a ton of sheet metal in stock.  I used them for my restoration and sourced front fenders, cowl, boot lid, floor pan... and the list goes on.  All replacement sheet metal was good quality and a good fit.

Great stuff mate, thanks.
Grumpy old git!

Offline xpconnor

• Stallion
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 06:55:41 pm »
East Coast Mustangs in Lilydale Vic.

:agree:

You are in Melbourne so I would use these guys. If you are buying quite a bit you will get good prices. You won't ship it here from O/S for any cheaper. I got a full floor pan for my 65 convertible a few years ago for a little over $600 which was the same price as advertised in the NPD catalogue at the time. Just got my TMI sports seat pony upholstery for $397. Foam was under $200. I sometimes have to pester them a bit for my orders but they always do me a good deal on price.

As for panels being a good fit........ most are OK but some do require some work to get them right. If you talk to guys that fixed these cars 45-50 years ago even the panels that came out of the factory needed work.

Offline 68Coupe

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Andrew
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 07:06:52 pm »
I bought from these guys, service was great and shipping rates were good. Might be worth checking their prices - panel was Dynacorn.

http://www.allmusclecarparts.com.au/

Offline mungus

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 07:40:19 pm »
:agree:
You are in Melbourne so I would use these guys. If you are buying quite a bit you will get good prices. You won't ship it here from O/S for any cheaper. I got a full floor pan for my 65 convertible a few years ago for a little over $600 which was the same price as advertised in the NPD catalogue at the time. Just got my TMI sports seat pony upholstery for $397. Foam was under $200. I sometimes have to pester them a bit for my orders but they always do me a good deal on price.
As for panels being a good fit........ most are OK but some do require some work to get them right. If you talk to guys that fixed these cars 45-50 years ago even the panels that came out of the factory needed work.

Good point, local is useful. I'll look them up. Thanks.
Grumpy old git!