New Book On Shelby Mustangs:Need Recommendations.

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: New Book On Shelby Mustangs:Need Recommendations.  (Read 5141 times)

Offline krisd

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
New Book On Shelby Mustangs:Need Recommendations.
« on: June 03, 2015, 08:58:11 am »
There have been some great books on Shelby and Shelby Mustangs over the years. I'm now  looking at buying another book. I book the Colin Comer book on Shelby Automobiles earlier this year. I think in hindsight I might have been better off just waiting for his book on just Shelby Mustangs. If anyone has any of these books can you recommend which one is the better book:

1)Shelby Mustang Fifty Years.By Colin Comer.
2)the definitive Shelby Mustang guide 1965-1970. By Greg Kolosa.

I want a book that covers all the Shelby Mustangs including the Shelby de Mexico as They cover it in the Shelby Automobiles.

I'm also open to recommendations to books on all Ford Mustangs not just Shelbys too.

Thanks.

Offline 69vert

• Pony
Re: New Book On Shelby Mustangs:Need Recommendations.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 12:40:47 pm »
If you want information,then the SAAC Registries are the only books you will ever need.The detail and facts in those books is
astonishing.If you join SAAC  you'll also get there annual magazine.
Lots of nice picture books around but most are not that accurate.

Offline Blown66Mustang

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 07:25:01 am »
I have a book by Tom Corcoran titled " Shelby Mustang" which includes Mexican and European Shelbys. I also have and really like Greg Kolosa's Shelby book that you mentioned and I read it often. If you like Shelbys just buy both and solve all your reading problems  :thumb:

Offline gbader

• Worked
  • SAAC Member
  • Name: Greg
  • Car: 65/66/16
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 11:08:20 am »
Agee with everyone above - registry is the one you want (and make sure you have a sturdy bookcase :)

I also have the one by Greg Kolasa, you can get a taste of it by previewing in google books - https://books.google.com.au/books?id=LWkvKdVMGaEC&pg=PA109&lpg=PA109&dq=definitive+mustang+shelby+guide&source=bl&ots=AgkJ-CBbtR&sig=HkOwMLgyeOBnB2KyCgYJO0o3Vgc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=raRvVb6XGqLSmAWDh4GQDg&ved=0CE4Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=definitive%20mustang%20shelby%20guide&f=false

cheers

Offline krisd

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 04:51:14 pm »
I have a book by Tom Corcoran titled " Shelby Mustang" which includes Mexican and European Shelbys. I also have and really like Greg Kolosa's Shelby book that you mentioned and I read it often. If you like Shelbys just buy both and solve all your reading problems  :thumb:
I just found my copy of the Tom Corcoran book.
I'll just buy one new book.I have to choose between them.

Offline Moz

• Blue Printed
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 06:02:50 pm »
I have this book somewhere

Moz