Sorry to say

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Sorry to say  (Read 5618 times)

Offline 69Convertible

• Pony
Sorry to say
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:27:01 pm »
Hi guys,

I have got a deposit down on a 69 Convertible Mustang. It was imported in 87 and RHD converted in Sydney in 89. It is currently QLD full rego.

As I am buying it, I am hoping it will only need a safety certificate to transfer. It has no L02 compliance being done so long ago. It was done correctly, it has the rear blinkers and modified headlights etc, but not the lap sash belts, it only has sash all round. Not sure how you would put Lap Sash in a convertible anyway.

What does everyone think? Have 3 days before picking it up.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Sorry to say
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:32:52 pm »
If you are in QLD then I think you will need LO2.
Lap sash can be done in a convertible but will need to be engineered.
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
Sorry to say
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 09:27:58 am »
Do you have the original coversion rhd approval paper work? if not you may have issues with the RWC guy when he gets to the box  on the RWC book that says " is the car modified, does it have a QLD DOT mod plate". Talk to John at Probe engineering at Wynnum, he can help with fitting the belts, no big issues to fit Lap/sash belts to a vert, John does coupes and verts the same way. If you have a RWC it will transfer no problem, DOT don't look at transfers, just new redgos. John may be on Holidays this week. Really comes down to the bloke doing the RWC.

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
Sorry to say
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 12:51:29 pm »
69 Convertable,
I had the same issue, bought a 65 mustang that had been in the country since the early 80's  It was registered in Queensland as a RHD and I had the registration plates and details.  It had no LO2 compliance.  I bought it as a rolling shell.  I did have the engineers report fo the drag link conversion and x-rays.  The car had not been registered since 1988.  I completed the car and got the seat belts put in and for that I had to get a blue plate (not for the right hand drive conversion).  I took all my paperwork to Transport and they registered the car with no problems.  I hope ths helps.
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline monahanajj

• P Plates
Sorry to say
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 11:09:33 pm »
Your changing owners and hence must comply with todays regulations.  If your purchasing already qld registered - then you just need the safety cert and transfer form - cheers