A Little bit of help Please

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: A Little bit of help Please  (Read 5813 times)

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
« on: December 29, 2007, 12:12:49 pm »
Hi WA Members

I need some assistance regarding a Motel near Perth airport.
We will be going to the Nationals at Easter and will be flying into Perth on the 18th March and need to know the name of a Motel close to the airport.  We intend hiring a car the next day and doing a bit of touring around etc. Any help is appreciated.

Reg

Offline SigENeaT

• Stallion
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 12:29:42 pm »
Hey mate,

Burswood (can be pricey?) is probably one of the closer suburbs to the airport with hotel/motel setups in mass, however it is still quite a ways-away.

As we are a quaint little 1.2million most places with rooms will be closer to the city...

There may be others closer to the airport however.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 09:11:40 pm »
Hi Spider, cant vouch for them as they are from the white pages.
Airport Hotel 9277 7777.
If you have an approximate time of arrival we may be able to pick you up.....
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 09:19:27 am »
Originally posted by nassi
Hi Spider, cant vouch for them as they are from the white pages.
Airport Hotel 9277 7777.
If you have an approximate time of arrival we may be able to pick you up.....
nassi

Thanks for your reply and offer.  We will be ok. I couldn't expect anyone to pick us up from the airport at 11. 30pm (plane arrives at 11.10pm). I did a search on the internet and found a Motel (Comfort Inn, Bel Eyre) that has a complimentary pickup from the airport which suits us well.  I can then hire a car the next day.

Looking forward to meeting a few WA members when we are there.  Have booked into Joondalup for the Saturday and Sunday nights. So, hope to be at Jandalup on Saturday at around the lunchtime mark. The rest of the time we will be touring around having a look at your part of the State (fly out on 1 April).

There are 3 cars driving across from Canberra.  Me, well, I would love to do it but it is just too far and besides my car is not show quality. I have another (66 GT coupe) in the paint shop at the moment.

Hope to catch up with you (my mobile 0401 321 614) at the show.

Happy New Year.

Reg

Offline victorypark

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 11:30:46 am »
Well done Reg.  Good to see a lot of the interstate fraternity flocking to this event.  Should be a beauty.  We should be there as well, and even not being an official owner as yet,  I am sooooo looking forward to the opportunity to meet some of the forum members and appreciate the time and effort they have put into their rides.

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 06:25:06 pm »
ok here are a few, I cant vouch for them but you can investigate further.  Note these are on the way into Perth from the airport on Great Eastern Highway.

http://www.burswoodlodge.com.au/index.php?PHPSESSID=326bd5bf81686309dcbfd426438d728f
http://www.flagmotorlodge.com.au/index.htm
http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel/wa/pertharea/perth/accommodation/motels/red-castle-motor-hotel

If you are driving a hire car to Joondalup from Great Eastern Hwy you can easily get onto the Polly Farmer Fwy which becomes the Mitchell Fwy which in turn virtually takes you all the way to Joondalup Resort.

To get directions (online) from your motel use the motel address and Joondlup Resort address in http://www.whereis.com/whereis/directions.do;jsessionid=13E69267C06EA721E79B188E2702F7B1.server2-1

Hope that is helpful.  If anyone needs any assistance just let me know.
Cheers Craig

Offline Spider

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 08:23:06 am »
Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.  Looking forward to seeing Perth and a bit of WA and also the Nationals.

Reg