Drag day WSID 8th June 2008

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Drag day WSID 8th June 2008  (Read 31760 times)

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2008, 05:41:47 pm »
Originally posted by HEVEN67
Originally posted by 68pony
hey dave(2233) or( echo) or what ever you  call yourself :+ go to the gt owners forum click on the wsid drag day entrants only  there is someone there offering you the use of there trailer i think it was the highlander, i have a tow bar on the old  pajero you can borrow it to tow it to the track if need be
cheers chris

HE's the MAN!:( on ya Chris.

NAH! i just want to smack another stick shifters ASS!:w:w:w

Dream ON!...ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

hey im not a dreama

sent my rego forms for the day BRING IT ON BRO!!!

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2008, 06:43:08 pm »
Chris, That is censored Aen gold.:(:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2008, 07:00:41 pm »
I was reading on the "OTHER SITE" and it said that a secondary driver is OK and the fee is $50.................Now, who is silly/brave enough to let me have a drive?:o;3:w

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2008, 09:05:42 pm »
hey dave(2233) or( echo) or what ever you  call yourself :+ go to the gt owners forum click on the wsid drag day entrants only  there is someone there offering you the use of there trailer i think it was the highlander, i have a tow bar on the old  pajero you can borrow it to tow it to the track if need be
cheers chris

HE's the MAN!:( on ya Chris.

NAH! i just want to smack another stick shifters ASS!:w:w:w

Dream ON!...ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

hey im not a dreama

sent my rego forms for the day BRING IT ON BRO!!!

YEE ha! Looks like Im in need of some oil! MIDNITE OIL !
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2008, 09:10:28 pm »
Originally posted by 2233
I was reading on the "OTHER SITE" and it said that a secondary driver is OK and the fee is $50.................Now, who is silly/brave enough to let me have a drive?:o;3:w

I suppose I am!
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2008, 09:42:39 pm »
Chris..............................................................................

G'Day Entrants,

New Rules for WSID

A primary driver may bring 2 crew & 3 spectators, i.e. a total of 6 - so bring your friends so that we've got a crowd.

For an extra $ 50 a secondary driver is allowed to participate - but you must name them - please include them on your entry form.

Cheers Gtgeoff

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2008, 11:15:31 am »
Chris..............................................................................

G'Day Entrants,

New Rules for WSID

A primary driver may bring 2 crew & 3 spectators, i.e. a total of 6 - so bring your friends so that we've got a crowd.

For an extra $ 50 a secondary driver is allowed to participate - but you must name them - please include them on your entry form.

Cheers Gtgeoff

dave you know that if i let you drive my car ,once you experience the the awsome launch of a stalled auto you won't go back :+:+ anyway i sent my forms ages ago
AUTO POWER

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2008, 11:21:34 pm »

G'Day Entrants,

New Rules for WSID

Cheers Gtgeoff

dave you know that if i let you drive my car ,once you experience the the awsome launch of a stalled auto you won't go back :+:+ anyway i sent my forms ages ago
AUTO POWER

He is right Dave, they launch really hard...Its really EASY...anyone can do it, you just put your foot down and away it goes, you don't even have to think about it... needs no skill whatsoever... you can even do it with on one of the Auto licenses...even your granny can do it!

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2008, 09:49:16 am »
And his granny will probably beat every stick shaker on the strip!

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2008, 08:04:40 pm »

G'Day Entrants,

New Rules for WSID

Cheers Gtgeoff

AUTO POWER

He is right Dave, they launch really hard...Its really EASY...anyone can do it, you just put your foot down and away it goes, you don't even have to think about it... needs no skill whatsoever... you can even do it with on one of the Auto licenses...even your granny can do it!

Hey Ech I have found a good instrucion manual you ought to read up on if your gunna go for your auto licence......

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2008, 09:36:37 am »
Im going wednesday night......Last run for the 289.

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2008, 11:08:42 am »
does this mean the 347 will be in for the ford gt drag day

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2008, 11:22:27 am »
The engine gooroo said he needs the flywheel and pressure plate cause someone misplaced the harmonic balancer, so I gotta take it out and give it to him, I have been thinking about weather to do the whole job...but I will be cutting it a little close for comfort especially now with the extractors issue I ve got. So I think I should just give him the stuff and get it back before the 8th june and keep the rest of it together till after the 8th june then I will do the JOB LOT.
Have you got yours back yet?

I bought an shaker assembly today!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GT-XY-ALUMINIUM-SHAKER-COMPLETE-ALL-METAL-REPRODUCTION_W0QQitemZ320244803006QQihZ011QQcategoryZ32053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2008, 02:36:29 pm »
no not back yet, you going the shaker way , im probably going to go the air cleaner sticking out of the bonnet  way for now bought the air cleaner from eagle spares i think it will look good,  i have a 65/66 shelby bonnet scoop which im going to give to a fibre glasser to get modified to suit my bonnet eg going to be shorter and a little higher . here is a pickie of the air cleaner

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2008, 09:10:47 pm »
Wow thats a nice looking set up, maybe you ought to put a clear cover!

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2008, 09:17:08 pm »
Not too shabby....14.4@ 97mph.

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2008, 09:18:30 am »
just think , if it were auto would have been 14.2 LOL  nah seriously hev thats great for a pretty much stock 289 same sort of times as my mates stock gto coupe 255kw and thats a 5.7litre  what were your 60ft times
cheers chris

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2008, 05:41:46 pm »
Errr dont ask... I couldnt hang on to the hand brake so as to stall up the clutch and bring the revs up...I had to sit with no pressure on the clutch and toe and heal it, rev it then take off, not too much wheel spin though, I will have a look at the time card tonite, But the manual conversion took half a second off my best time compared to the auto, and I only had 1 lagitamit run, the runns were 1.5 hrs apart. so I only got 2 runs in, the 1st one was .........well lets not go there!:-

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2008, 08:12:55 pm »
Errr dont ask... I couldnt hang on to the hand brake so as to stall up the clutch and bring the revs up...I had to sit with no pressure on the clutch and toe and heal it, rev it then take off, not too much wheel spin though, I will have a look at the time card tonite, But the manual conversion took half a second off my best time compared to the auto, and I only had 1 lagitamit run, the runns were 1.5 hrs apart. so I only got 2 runs in, the 1st one was .........well lets not go there!:-

Hang onto the handbrake? WTF? :-

Dump the clutch and stand on it............:(

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2008, 02:46:09 pm »

i hate wednesday nights at wsid 1.5 hours between runs who could be bothered give me  a private track day any day , 5 weeks to go hev better practice those  launches , you don't want to look silly :+:+

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2008, 07:47:39 pm »
Lookin silly is just an interpretation......acting so is engineered.

Been practicing my gear changes.

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2008, 09:05:49 pm »

:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w
ahhh hev that is funny

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2008, 05:54:57 pm »

:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w:w
ahhh hev that is funny

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2008, 07:22:31 pm »
where's eddie!

Offline edd666

• Worked
  • Name: Eddie
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2008, 07:27:04 pm »
i hope your not referring to the guy on the 4 wheeler are ya paul :+