thank you McInerney Ford!!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: thank you McInerney Ford!!  (Read 6371 times)

Offline mistermustang

• Worked
« on: December 18, 2007, 12:22:15 am »
to Pete and the Gang at McInerney's - thanks for an awesome car.  the Foon craps all over my GT and its tax deductable!
:p
BrianE :o

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:19:29 pm »
I just cant keep up with you mate.;x
At least you now have a car as fast as yourself.

nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline mistermustang

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 11:49:29 pm »
Originally posted by nassi
I just cant keep up with you mate.;x
At least you now have a car as fast as yourself.

nassi

no biggie mate. the GT was not earning me money and it was a chore to drive in peak hour traffic.  the Typhoon is significantly faster (plus its the "R-Spec" with the suspension upgrades) and it has that amazing 6-speed auto slushbox.  when in 'Performance D' mode it sharpens up the upshifts significantly,  holds revs higher into the RPM range and actually downshifts (keeping revs at 2000RPM) under brakes .  its awesome.  next month i'll install larger injectors, a 4" dump pipe and re-flash the ECU on the dyno.  should be good for approx 40% increase to the wheels.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 10:19:00 am »
Any chance of bringing it down to the strip one Wednesday night mate.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline mistermustang

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 01:39:07 am »
now thats a bloody good idea. ::

Offline Bubbleboy66

• Pony
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 01:51:09 pm »
Brian don't forget Black Mac performance we can telf your  F6 (UNDETECTABLE) and make it well over 300kwt?
just call

Merry Christmas every one

Offline mistermustang

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 04:29:57 pm »
BRIAN your next post on this topic will be when she breaks down.  DAMN  Mc INEREY'S FORD!!!!!!  as they have just voided your warranty due to engine and electronic upgrades.

Phil - sounds like you had a bad experience with Ford.  I haven't.  Both McInerney Ford as well as other Ford dealers have been very compliant with owners that have had professionally installed Mods.  On the BA GT that i just sold, it had ECU reprogram, pulleys, headers and stainless Zorst, CAI, snorkel and Helix spacer.  didn't void my warranty as these were all professionally installed and they could tell i was treating the car with respect.

I have heard some stories of blokes with modded cars having a rod poking through the side of the block, bald tyres, slipping clutch, fried brakes from brake-burnouts etc etc expecting Ford to honour their warranty.  Ford are good but they're not stupid.

And you're right  - its not a mustang.  I have installed Shelby-spec LeMans stripes (light silver over a white car) though and it does look really good.  Thats as close as i'll get until i do a 67/8 Restomod Fastback with an F6/ZF drivetrain :f