My BAD experience with Gold Coast Classic Mustang

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: My BAD experience with Gold Coast Classic Mustang  (Read 6843 times)

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
My BAD experience with Gold Coast Classic Mustang
« on: February 10, 2015, 03:21:38 pm »
While my car was at GCCM for just on 2 years he had his business phone disconnected, told me he lost his mobile, and my only "reliable" contact was through his girlfriends mobile number which he gave me. He would seldom reply to my emails querying him about time frames and progress. As I was a FIFO worker I would have to book times when home to visit his shop which worked ok in the beginning. On my last few visits towards the end of last year his shop was closed and he had an ex employee open his shop on another occasion for me to sight my car, he was not present to discuss progress or lack thereof.

I was double invoiced for parts and overseas freight a few months apart and have still not been reimbursed for this, I was invoiced for other customers work which I did not pay, I was given photos of another customers cars interior stating that this was the progress on mine, I paid for parts which I do not have on my car including a QuickTime steel bellhousing (the one bolted to my car is my old cast one painted black), I paid for band new Wilwood brake rotors and calipers and he used old fittings and bleed nipples, the brake booster does not sit square on the firewall, he modified the pedal box with the clutch pedal almost over the headlight dip switch, I paid for Hirschman male and female wire couplings which on inspection were empty and the wiring was just run through them. I was called a thief for not paying an invoice for machine work which in fact I did pay, I was charged for mock up on my car then when the car started to go together things were not fitting, GCCM implied that third party contractors supplied inferior workmanship and this was part of the reason for misalignment issues and I needed to pay for GCCM to rectify. I contacted one third party contractor and supplied them messages from GCCM implying their work was inferior. This particular business confronted GCCM immediately and in person, GCCM said that I had misinterpreted the message (GCCM was unaware I had forwarded his messages on to the third party contractor). GCCM called me to say he would rectify the work at his cost which to me admits guilt on his part. After 2 years of this bullshit and an extraordinary amount of money I have finally removed my car from GCCM. I have sent 3 courier trucks there on separate occasions to retrieve my parts as he keeps "forgetting" parts, in the end I had to fly from interstate myself to confront him with a list of my missing parts. GCCM also sent parts from other customers cars with my parts including a 67 Mustang front bumper an alternator and coil, (I returned these as the owners would be pissed off if they knew their parts were shipped out) He has also lost a few of my parts including new bonnet hinges, magnum 500 centre caps, wheel nut locks, window crank, scuff plates, interior door emblem, ignition switch, some of which he replaced when I confronted him, the rest of my missing parts he has told me he will replace. From his past history I don't hold much faith but will give him the benefit of doubt.

My opinion, I found him to be incompetent, untrustworthy and regret taking my car there. If you value your car (and your hard earnt money being well spent) I strongly advise that any major work like full rebuilds and restomods not to be done at this shop. Do not let him weld anything on your car as he admitted to me he is not a qualified welder which explains to me why his welds were described as "chicken shit".
And yes you may all say the car was not finished so I have nothing to moan about and he may have fixed what was not right but when you are told that all the wiring is complete, the rear is set up, the wheels are on, the booster is set up etc etc and the car is almost done, you'd expect to see your car is almost done and the work he has said is complete is complete and not requiring rework.

There will be guys on here that will vouch for this shop and that is well and good and you guys can continue your dealings with him. I'm not here to convert his faithful.

I'm not going to reply to arguments as this is my experience and everyone will have an opinion or "think" they know my business dealings with GCCM, all I want to do is warn others or maybe have others think twice before making their decisions.

A couple of pics attached.

Offline peter9231

• Member-Society of Automotive Engineers Australasia
  • Worked
  • Name: Peter
  • Car: 66 convertible
Re: My BAD experience with Gold Coast Classic Mustang
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 04:22:04 pm »
I think you have every right to be disappointed.
Poor workmanship by the photos.
Peter.
"If you are not prepared to be part of the solution you forfeit your right to criticise"

Offline Juanball mustang

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 04:48:49 pm »
Don't know the bloke so not going there , but a picture tells a thousand words.
If it's any consolation at least you've got your car. 
No phone , doors locked , you don't have to be Sherlock
Looks like you got it converted , how do you sit with engineering ?
Looked at some past posts, might be a bit of Vitellus on a few dials

Offline walbjj

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 08:40:29 pm »
no one else to blame except himself for ruining his business

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 07:21:06 pm »
Don't know the bloke so not going there , but a picture tells a thousand words.
If it's any consolation at least you've got your car. 
No phone , doors locked , you don't have to be Sherlock
Looks like you got it converted , how do you sit with engineering ?
Looked at some past posts, might be a bit of Vitellus on a few dials
It was RHD when I bought it 11 years ago. The car is registered and was roadworthy when I drove it to this shop to have the suspension changed over to TCP coil over on the front and TCP G-link coil over rear. Also had TCP power rack & pinion installed, new vintage air/con and a TKO600. The firewall was replaced as well as the front floor pans, inner guards and shock towers. He modified my pedal box so it looked like what is in the pics.