My BAD experience with Gold Coast Classic Mustang

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: My BAD experience with Gold Coast Classic Mustang  (Read 16281 times)

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
My BAD experience with Gold Coast Classic Mustang
« on: February 10, 2015, 11:45:54 am »
While my car was at GCCM for just on 2 years he had his business phone disconnected, told me he lost his mobile, and my only "reliable" contact was through his girlfriends mobile number which he gave me. He would seldom reply to my emails querying him about time frames and progress. As I was a FIFO worker I would have to book times when home to visit his shop which worked ok in the beginning. On my last few visits towards the end of last year his shop was closed and he had an ex employee open his shop on another occasion for me to sight my car, he was not present to discuss progress or lack thereof.

I was double invoiced for parts and overseas freight a few months apart and have still not been reimbursed for this, I was invoiced for other customers work which I did not pay, I was given photos of another customers cars interior stating that this was the progress on mine, I paid for parts which I do not have on my car including a QuickTime steel bellhousing (the one bolted to my car is my old cast one painted black), I paid for band new Wilwood brake rotors and calipers and he used old fittings and bleed nipples, the brake booster does not sit square on the firewall, he modified the pedal box with the clutch pedal almost over the headlight dip switch, I paid for Hirschman male and female wire couplings which on inspection were empty and the wiring was just run through them. I was called a thief for not paying an invoice for machine work which in fact I did pay, I was charged for mock up on my car then when the car started to go together things were not fitting, GCCM implied that third party contractors supplied inferior workmanship and this was part of the reason for misalignment issues and I needed to pay for GCCM to rectify. I contacted one third party contractor and supplied them messages from GCCM implying their work was inferior. This particular business confronted GCCM immediately and in person, GCCM said that I had misinterpreted the message (GCCM was unaware I had forwarded his messages on to the third party contractor). GCCM called me to say he would rectify the work at his cost which to me admits guilt on his part. After 2 years of this bullshit and an extraordinary amount of money I have finally removed my car from GCCM. I have sent 3 courier trucks there on separate occasions to retrieve my parts as he keeps "forgetting" parts, in the end I had to fly from interstate myself to confront him with a list of my missing parts. GCCM also sent parts from other customers cars with my parts including a 67 Mustang front bumper an alternator and coil, (I returned these as the owners would be pissed off if they knew their parts were shipped out) He has also lost a few of my parts including new bonnet hinges, magnum 500 centre caps, wheel nut locks, window crank, scuff plates, interior door emblem, ignition switch, some of which he replaced when I confronted him, the rest of my missing parts he has told me he will replace. From his past history I don't hold much faith but will give him the benefit of doubt.

My opinion, I found him to be incompetent, untrustworthy and regret taking my car there. If you value your car (and your hard earnt money being well spent) I strongly advise that any major work like full rebuilds and restomods not to be done at this shop. Do not let him weld anything on your car as he admitted to me he is not a qualified welder which explains to me why his welds were described as "chicken shit".
And yes you may all say the car was not finished so I have nothing to moan about and he may have fixed what was not right but when you are told that all the wiring is complete, the rear is set up, the wheels are on, the booster is set up etc etc and the car is almost done, you'd expect to see your car is almost done and the work he has said is complete is complete and not requiring rework.

There will be guys on here that will vouch for this shop and that is well and good and you guys can continue your dealings with him. I'm not here to convert his faithful.

I'm not going to reply to arguments as this is my experience and everyone will have an opinion or "think" they know my business dealings with GCCM, all I want to do is warn others or maybe have others think twice before making their decisions.

A couple of pics attached.

Offline BossKraft

• Worked
    • Bosskraft
Re: My BAD experience with Gold Coast Classic Mustang
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 01:49:15 pm »
That's a shame, mate. Nobody likes to read a story with an outcome like that.
Sean McDonagh
MCA Gold Card Judge
Judge at SAAC events
Retired MOCA Head Judge (one of them)

Offline teacherspet

• Worked
  • Name: Pete
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 01:52:33 pm »
Sorry to hear about your experience, & I sincerely hope that you can get it sorted out. The beauty of social media, especially forum sites like this one, is that the word will very quickly get out about anyone out there who is prepared to do the wrong thing. I have suffered a similar experience with someone else but thankfully this is slowly being rectified. It all gets down to buyer beware & always go by your gut instinct.
We are a passionate lot & will not tolerate these shonky bastards. Collectively, we can squeeze them out.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:21:58 pm by teacherspet »

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 06:50:31 pm »
What was it you were actually having done?

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 07:43:20 pm »
by the looks of that clutch Pedal its gone / been put  on the outside of the housing,,,

not on the inside,,,

some mean Cowboy worx there

That's quite common on RHD swap if you reuse the LHD mustang parts, rather then RHD Falcon parts. Below is a set of XB falcon unit modified to suit mustang, these were made to be RHD. Having said that this maybe not have been done by the shop where the car was, maybe an old conversion.

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 09:01:24 pm »
Just for the record my car was already RHD when I bought it 11 years ago. It is registered and was roadworthy before taking it to GCCM. I drove the bloody thing in there. I had it in there to have a TKO600 installed TCP coil over suspension front a TCP G Link coil over rear installed as well as TCP power rack & pinion and Wilwood brakes all round, new Vintage A/C unit, and the interior and engine bay cleaned up. GCCM had a panel shop fabricate a new firewall as well as install new inner guards, shock towers and front floor pans this was because after sand blasting he found one shock tower with a hairline crack as well as the firewall being a bit patchy. All the panel work and painting work is great and professionally done which the other shop the car is in now has told me. I am grateful for that at least.

Offline Tang67

• Stallion
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 01:37:21 pm »
Sorry to hear about the grief you went through. There certainly are some shonky operators out there.

(You're also lucky not to receive criticism from some Forum members about providing negative feedback - I was a victim of that!) :nopity:

Hopefully GCCM will disappear, and not simply open under another name.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 01:42:34 pm »
I'm not sure what's going on but the owner Christian is a good bloke . I don't know what to say  :shrug:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:00:55 pm by GLENN 70 »

Offline scedd1

• Worked
  • Name: Steve
  • Car: 68 Coupe - Frankenstang
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 02:05:07 pm »
Its good you provided photos with your story.
They certainly confirm what you wrote which to me says this is an honest description of your dealings.
Good Luck.
.  ____________
./____________ \.
 ( ]]] _ _ O _ _ [[[ )
\_ o _ _____ _ o _/
 |___|            |___|

Offline BossKraft

• Worked
    • Bosskraft
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 06:56:51 am »
Sorry to hear about the grief you went through. There certainly are some shonky operators out there.

(You're also lucky not to receive criticism from some Forum members about providing negative feedback - I was a victim of that!) :nopity:

Hopefully GCCM will disappear, and not simply open under another name.

Apparently, it's selective who you can provide honest feedback about.
Sean McDonagh
MCA Gold Card Judge
Judge at SAAC events
Retired MOCA Head Judge (one of them)

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 07:10:06 pm »
On a positive note all the panel and paint work that was done on my car by Race Paint Technology in Nerang was top class including fabrication of a new firewall, installing new inner guards and filling all the unnecessary holes, new shock towers which they strengthened, installation of the A/C unit, the RHD wiper swap and the painting of the engine bay, front and rear valance. Thanks Mat & Brad at least you guys can be counted on.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 10:25:49 pm by 69mach1 »

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 05:07:59 pm »
What was it you were actually having done?
PM sent Shaun

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
  • Name: Ryan
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 09:41:08 pm »
Was that your fastback he had in there?? I know it was someone on this form that owned it getting work done by him....
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual
4 wheel power assisted brakes

Other cars
1967 mustang coupe 289 c4 red
1966 mustang convertible nightmist blue
1951 f1 chopped truck blown c4 black
1963 Xl falcon ute 200ci 3spd manual white

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 10:22:42 pm »
Was that your fastback he had in there?? I know it was someone on this form that owned it getting work done by him....
Red 69 Mach 1 is mine.

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 11:53:46 pm »
Oh yes I know the one that car was in there for ages!!! to be hounest I thought it was his. looked like it was pretty well finnished. You where putting the tko in right?
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 07:46:23 am »
Oh yes I know the one that car was in there for ages!!! to be hounest I thought it was his. looked like it was pretty well finnished. You where putting the tko in right?
A TKO as well as a few other things. My car might have looked "nearly finished" but in reality with the amount of rework required it's far from it.
At least It's in good hands now with someone who knows what he's doing.

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 08:48:44 pm »
Couple more pics of how my distributor was held in with some old random bolt, you might notice an ARP bolt missing from my inlet manifold. (there was actually 4 missing) and a pic of interior (not mine but was emailed to me saying it was mine)

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 08:42:26 pm »
I'm still waiting for this prick to replace my parts that he's lost!

•   QuickTime Steel Bell housing
•   Body trim along both sills of car
•   New bonnet hinges and springs
•   Spare wheel with Bridgestone tyre
•   Scissor jack
•   Wheel brace
•   Boot mat
•   Wheel nuts
•   Wheel lock nuts
•   LH inner door panel pony emblem
•   Hurst shifter and knob
•   Gilmer belts
•   Fan belts
•   Ignition switch
•   Magnum 500 centre caps

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:44:08 pm by 69mach1 »

Offline Juanball mustang

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 10:19:37 pm »
The silence is deafening
Hey how much work did you get done at Race Paint Tech
I was in there before Xmas about painting my 67. Seemed straight up blokes but the proofs in the pudding. Might have to check out Ryan's job, think he said the body / paint guy was a kiwi . Am a bit of a fan of NZ tradies. They tend to be a bit more old school. Bet that gets a few posts .

Offline shelby_mustro

• Supercharged
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 10:50:32 am »
Go see Dave mate! my car hasn't been buffed yet you can see what sort of job you get straight of the gun.
1965 Ford mustang coupe
hipo 4bbl 347 windsor v8
t5 5 speed manual

Other cars

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 06:55:12 pm »
The silence is deafening
Hey how much work did you get done at Race Paint Tech
I was in there before Xmas about painting my 67. Seemed straight up blokes but the proofs in the pudding. Might have to check out Ryan's job, think he said the body / paint guy was a kiwi . Am a bit of a fan of NZ tradies. They tend to be a bit more old school. Bet that gets a few posts .
Race Paint fabricated and installed new firewall, new front floor pans, new inner guards, new shock towers which they strengthened, did the RHD swap for wipers, painted new front and rear valance and installed my A/C unit. No complaints from me about their work. Good guys.

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 06:05:23 pm »
Pic of being invoiced a few months apart for same parts...still waiting to be reimbursed for this!

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 08:33:25 pm »
Pic of invoice for QuickTime steel bell housing that I paid for but is not on my car, instead I have my old cast one painted black!

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 08:44:51 pm »
The "f" word comes to mind . . . . . . . . . . F&@ud
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline 69mach1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 06:12:53 am »
Well it's been over a month since I removed my car from GGCM and 17 days since flying from interstate to see this tosser about my parts and I'm still waiting for them. I am now being called an ass by him for hounding him daily to have them returned. The story he's tried to sell me about my QuickTime steel bell housing is firstly he tried to convince me that I said I didn't want it and that the invoice he sent me was incorrect, that part shouldn't be on the invoice and that I wasn't billed for it in the final total, I shot that bullshit down. Now he's telling me he is waiting to hear back from his supplier because he doesn't remember receiving it. I told him I saw it and he showed me it when I was at his shop in 2013. He's telling me now "no that wasn't mine it was for a T56", gees this guy is such a shonky bastard. What more do I need than a receipt for deposit of funds, an invoice as well as an email from him quoting a steel bell housing all of which I have sent him to prove my case.

Here's the list again below of my missing parts.

•   QuickTime Steel Bell housing
•   Body trim along both sills of car
•   New bonnet hinges and springs
•   Spare wheel with Bridgestone tyre
•   Scissor jack
•   Wheel brace
•   Boot mat
•   Wheel nuts
•   Wheel lock nuts
•   LH inner door panel pony emblem
•   Hurst shifter and knob
•   Gilmer belts