'65 suspension problems - who to take it to? Southside/Ipswich.

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: '65 suspension problems - who to take it to? Southside/Ipswich.  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Top.cat7

• Pony
  • 1965 GT 289 "K" Code

I have some issues with my '65 Mustang's suspension (front and rear).
My car pulls to the right under brakes, and bottoms out in the rear.
Does anyone know of a 'good' person to take the car to on the South side/Ipswich area?
There are any number of people willing to 'have a go', get nowhere, and charge the earth. I can find those on my own.
What I am after is someone who CAN fix the problem, and doesn't want me to put his kids through University.
Can anyone help me with this problem, please?

Offline LEE H 69

• Worked
Re: '65 suspension problems - who to take it to? Southside/Ipswich.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 08:38:39 pm »
Not really Ipswich area, but at Browns Plains is Pro Track, the guys name is Darren and he owns a 68 coupe and knows Mustangs..

Offline teacherspet

• Worked
  • Name: Pete
There is also a guy at East Brisbane by the name of Norm Clarke who runs Norm Clarke Automotive. His phone number is 38917700. He has owned a few Mustangs in his time & seems to know his way around them pretty well. Certainly worth a try.

Offline boofhead

• Blue Printed
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 12:59:58 am »
Talk to Shaunp (PM him). He knows about as much as anyone that I know about mustang suspension systems.

As far as cost, well from your description it sounds like to me your looking for a major replacement of bushes, ball joints, and shocks (rear) [possibly leaf springs as well] and a good alignment. Obviously it is hard to judge from a few words while the cost - always hard to estimate and depends on the amount of work and what really needs to be done. No one will know until you have a look at it.

Offline Top.cat7

• Pony
  • 1965 GT 289 "K" Code
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 10:30:43 am »

Thanks Boofhead. I am talking to him now.