Exchange rate changes

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Exchange rate changes  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Perdo

• Pony
  • 1967 GTA S-Code Fastback
  • Name: Damien
  • Car: 1967 GTA FBack
Exchange rate changes
« on: January 20, 2015, 01:29:28 pm »
Has anyone notice any significant price changes in classic mustangs over the last 12-18 months with the Aus Dollar returning to 5 year lows?

I am returning home with my stang about a year from now and believe I will be hit with current exchange rates on my car as opposed to what I paid for it when I purchased it 12 months ago when the dollar was still fairly strong. Complete bummer....

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
Re: Exchange rate changes
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:58:34 pm »
Yes you will pay more as the dollar slides .   Freight won't Change much but the gst will as its when the car leaves not when you bought it .  Not a big deal maybe a extra 10. Percent or so . So on a car that was maybe 25,000 an extra 250 dollars .  It's only 10 percent gst on classics no duty .

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 05:32:43 pm »
I am returning home with my stang about a year from now

Who knows where our dollar will be a year from now. I'd like to think our economy will improve but not so sure with what this government is doing to us.

s

Offline griff

• Worked
  • 65GT Slowback
  • Name: griff
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 08:31:18 pm »
Who knows where our dollar will be a year from now.

my mates tip is 74c. and he was spot on this time last year when he said it will hit near 80c by 2015.
i dont understand his world, but his entire living is made by share trading. and he made money by it sinking to the that rate. wished id paid more attention to his financial tips years ago.
sorry for the thread diversion perdo, i guess youll be paying more.
when a 3 month engine rebuild turns into 3 year bare metal resto.
you get that .....