Mini baby bucket seat and anchor point for 66 coupe

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Mini baby bucket seat and anchor point for 66 coupe  (Read 4313 times)

Offline zlat347ci

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Zlat
Mini baby bucket seat and anchor point for 66 coupe
« on: December 17, 2014, 11:26:57 pm »
Hi all,
Got the new baby seat back from upholstererers, really impressed, its a mini version of the scat bucket seats.

As the rear parcel shelf has four large holes the size of 6x9 speakers I was wondering what methods people have used as baby seat anchor points?

Was hoping for some images if possible from the guys that have done this. Cheers.

Offline sms777

• Worked
Re: Mini baby bucket seat and anchor point for 66 coupe
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:10:12 am »
Like Moe said it's very important to have it installed correctly, so see a professional installer who can give you a certificate because it is a mod. If you want one near you....Google is your best friend.  :thumb:

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 12:40:24 pm »
My son who worked in a Vehicle Repair Centre told me that one has to be approved to just buckle the thing in, so if a client came in with baby seat & wanted it transferred to the "loan" car, the repairer had to have an employee approved, & that's just to buckle-up.
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline 67FBGT

• Blue Printed
  • Car: 1967
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 12:46:35 pm »
Having been down this track with my fastback my advice is to get your car assessed & a child seat restraint strap anchor point installed & signed off professionally, ESPECIALLY seeing as much of the parcel shelf has been cut out for speakers.
Very important so as to keep the little one as safe as possible. I think it was the RACQ that did a survey a couple of years back & reckoned that 80% of child restraint seats & booster seats they sighted were not  installed correctly or even to what they regarded as the minimum required standards.

Offline birdman

• Blue Printed
  • Name: John
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 06:27:17 pm »
Hi all,
Got the new baby seat back from upholstererers, really impressed, its a mini version of the scat bucket seats.

As the rear parcel shelf has four large holes the size of 6x9 speakers I was wondering what methods people have used as baby seat anchor points?

Was hoping for some images if possible from the guys that have done this. Cheers.

Zlat,this is the guy you need to speak to and get it sorted out.
Geoff from All Vehicle Restraints in Illawong,his # is 0417 473492.
I have used him before and so have a few others on this forum.

Offline griff

• Worked
  • 65GT Slowback
  • Name: griff
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 09:22:23 pm »
Zlat,this is the guy you need to speak to and get it sorted out.
Geoff from All Vehicle Restraints in Illawong,his # is 0417 473492.
I have used him before and so have a few others on this forum.

I concur
when a 3 month engine rebuild turns into 3 year bare metal resto.
you get that .....

Offline zlat347ci

• Worked
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Zlat
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 12:15:05 am »
Thanks for everyones input.
As a coincidence I saw a few mustangs at work today with baby seats.... looking at the above advice I think your right the 3 mustangs I saw today, the setup they had looked very unsafe!

I have attached a picture of what one had today!!

Offline mustang_talk

• Worked
  • Name: George
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 06:40:47 pm »
Does anyone have another pick for comparison. One done by a professional assuming this was not done by a professional.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:35:44 pm by mustang_talk »

Offline FickleLife

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 12:32:20 pm »
I don't have any photos but in my 66 coupe I installed a 3mm steel plate about 15cm in depth running the length on the underside of the parcel shelf (not quite the length - there are 6x9 speakers at the far ends of the shelf) and screwed in at 8 points from the top. I tapped holes in the steel for the anchor points (3 of them)- it will not go anywhere and the anchor points are rock solid with about 7cm of steel around them. Vicroads regulations stipulate at least 5cm all around the anchor point hole. 

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 12:34:08 pm by FickleLife »

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 03:41:03 pm »

This is the child restraint in my 65 mustang.  I was told when I bought the car it was installed by Wiltshire motor trimmers in SA.  It's 5cm in diameter and welded to the body on either side.