Best Edelbrock Manifold

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Best Edelbrock Manifold  (Read 13573 times)

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
Re: Best Edelbrock Manifold
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2014, 08:41:30 pm »
No a fresh start ,would change the carby ,intake manifold ,dizzy ,cam ,lifters , whole bottom end ,hmm only leaves the heads .  Then I would throw my old engine into something like a tow car  ( fairlane) for some fun .

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2014, 03:02:34 pm »
That might be ok and as a complete kit ,cam,lifters.valve springs ,retainers ,locks etc .  Will make an improvement for sure as long as the rest of the engine is ok . You can fit the valve springs on with heads on if someone knows what they are doing ,other wise heads off .. Don't think the std torque  convertor will like it . After doing the carby ,intake manifold ,exhaust,extractors it gets messy  . It's hard to know where to stop before you do a full rebuild .

Offline businesstrader

• Worked
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2014, 03:50:03 pm »
That might be ok and as a complete kit ,cam,lifters.valve springs ,retainers ,locks etc .  Will make an improvement for sure as long as the rest of the engine is ok . You can fit the valve springs on with heads on if someone knows what they are doing ,other wise heads off .. Don't think the std torque  convertor will like it . After doing the carby ,intake manifold ,exhaust,extractors it gets messy  . It's hard to know where to stop before you do a full rebuild .

I totally get it that you can't beat a complete rebuild, but I'm just trying to get as much out of it as I can with ripping the motor out. I'm just trying to keep it on the road and enjoy it!

Torque convertor is next on the list. Any suggestions re the TC? 

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2014, 06:46:59 pm »
As talked about on another thread ,there are different c4 autos so different torque convertors (different splines) can't order a TC till  you know .  Maybe a 2300 to 2500 rpm stall .  Yours  maybe the early one and should be but who knows if its been changed at some time .

Offline businesstrader

• Worked
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2014, 10:05:57 am »
This is the one I'm about to buy http://www.ebay.com/itm/400301089533?

Offline boofhead

• Blue Printed
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2014, 10:51:47 am »
I have a 268H in my parts bin. I used it for a short time waiting on funds for a full rebuild and roller cam. I do not need it though you will need to get the other parts if you were interested.

Offline businesstrader

• Worked
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2014, 11:21:36 am »
I have a 268H in my parts bin. I used it for a short time waiting on funds for a full rebuild and roller cam. I do not need it though you will need to get the other parts if you were interested.

PM'd you.

Offline Goldy

• Stallion
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2014, 11:28:33 am »
I have a 268H in my parts bin

Don't you mean ,
I have a 268h cataloged for recycling , available on request from my inventory ???  :thumb:

Offline boofhead

• Blue Printed
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2014, 06:24:30 pm »
Yes - and PM'ed back.